Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A third site I've been working :)

This is another site I've been on, it's another lot in a residential area. I think the buttons are WW1 or WW2 era. Adolph Weidenbach (Charles Willoughby) has an interesting story. Not sure the connection to the site I found these items on, other than Camp Colt, and a few other reunions/events that may have been held on the surrounding ground prior to the housing development. This lot, and the other in my other post with the numerous minie balls, etc., are both near each other in the same development.

Anyone that can identify the three long items to the left, one broken in half?

And the dog tag, 1931

Nice hunt! I find those brass items pretty regularly - I believe that they are guy line tighteners off of army tents, but not positive. That 5th infantry button is a nice prize. Very nice that it matches up with the soldier's name on the tag. As you say, the great seal buttons were used from around WWI through WWII, so it can be hard to pinpoint their dates precisely. That's a good old dog tag, too - great sites for relics you've got going! :cheers: Oh, I'd track the toy van down, too - it could be the highest value item in the lot! Is it a Tootsie or made in England?

That's what I thought. It's from about 1961, quite a few on ebay, mostly $15 - $30, $99 mint with box. A nice little trophy and an easy $10 bill if you ever need it. :wiggle:

A very interesting bunch of finds. :thumbup:

tabman