Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A treasure we all dream about!

#1Leatherneck

A member suggested this might be a better place for more to enjoy this. I was unsure where to post this initially.
Excerpts from article:

Nothing Like This Hoard Has Ever Been Found In Scotland​

The head of the National Museum of Scotland's Treasure Trove Unit, Stuart Campbell, discussed the importance of the fund with BBC. During his interview with the network, Campbell said, "Nothing like this has been found in Scotland before in terms of the range of material this hoard represents.
"There's material from Ireland, from Scandinavia, from various places in central Europe and perhaps ranging over a couple of centuries." With the few items the men had already found, it was time to do a full-on excavation.

There Was A Trove Of Viking Relics Under His Feet​

McLennan had actually stumbled upon a trove of Viking relics, objects that have been lost and buried for over 1,000 years! With the number of items he pulled from the earth, it might be the largest find ever.
Among the relics were gold and silver ingots, arm bands, and brooches. But there was one object in particular that caught the attention of McLennan and his two friends. Among the treasures was an early medieval Christian cross.
I must be honest I am totally envious!

Oak Island not that gar away so theoretically possible….