Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Trip to NV

OregonGregg

Met a friend down in NV for a three-day hunt. We hit three sites. Is always fun to detect down in NV.

When it was all done found some nice doodads, sheep ear tags from around the 1901 era, a 1884 IH, 1917&29 Wheat Pennies, and nice shape 1867 Shield Nickel. Also, a neat find was an old brass Hotel Key FOB. I like finding that kind of stuff.

The Shield Nickel I was hunting a trashy area and was working the area slowly. As I was working it I spied a round shape dust covered disc about 2-3 inches ahead of the coil. I stopped looked at the disc and figured I had a nickel. Swept the coil over it and sure enough, got my nickel reading. I actually figured it as a V Nickel. I was surprised when I picked it up and seen a shield on it. It's a dark brownish color, but the details show thru. Other than wiping it with my tee shirt, I'm gonna leave it that way and not clean it....figure it looks neat just the way it is.

The Racer got the IH Penny, used the Relic and got the FOB and Wheats and the Fors CoRe got the Nickel and Eagle button. I always like hunting down in NV and am looking forward to the outing down there next month.

The shielded nickel looks to be in great shape and all of the marbles....a super day, congrats.:cool:

Great hunt Gregg. Heading to NV next Sunday myself. Same week long hunt as last year. Will be working the "Dump" and surrounding ghost towns.

Tom, have a good trip and find lots of goodies. Let us know how it goes.

OregonGregg said:
Thanks Brain. Wish ya could make the outing in June.

Hey Gregg,

Believe me I wish I could too :thumbup:

Heading to the annual Tonopah trek next week, and then back to work :thumbdown:

Good luck down there Brian, find lots of goodies :)

Ya the ol' Rimfires are always fun to find. That what I like about and stick to ol' ghost towns, just a neat mix of old stuff to find.