Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A unique ring lost and found

patti

Hello :) Here two stories of the rings I have found:

My first ever lost ring case was a bit over a year ago. Someone put up a "lost ring" message on our local detecting forum. The guy wrote that his wife had lost a unique wedding ring in fresh snow while taking out the trash. They had spent a couple of hours searching for it but since there was 10 cm of fresh snow the job was impossible without a detector. He would go out and rent a detector the next day if nobody would volunteer to look for it. I sent him a reply and agreed to meet him and his wife the following day after work. They told me that they had called the janitor and told him to leave the snow on the ground til the ring is found.

So I went to meet them the next day. They told me that the ring was part of a three piece ring set. The first ring was a friendship/dating ring, the second part of the set was engagement ring and the third, the lost one, was a wedding ring. All these three were hand made and one of a kind in the world. So I set up my F5 with minimal gain and threshold, notched out everything above 35 and started searching. First we searched through the path that she had taken from the door to the trash cans. It took me about half an hour to go through that path and after that I told them the ring was not on the path. So I started to widen the search area at the most probable area in front of the trash cans. At this point the husband had to leave as his work shift was starting. I walked maybe 2 or 3 meters to the side and immediately got a nice clean signal with ID 30. I told the wife that this is the first very good signal so far and pulled out my propointer to search the snow. I grabbed a handful of snow and there it was, a white gold ring. The wife ran to the road to stop her husband who was just driving by on his way to work and she yelled "he found it!!!" :) You should have seen her smile when she slipped the ring back to her finger. Here is a pic of the ring set. The one lost is the lowermost one.

2011_01_13_16_30_35.jpg

HH,

patti

:clapping:

Different looking set of rings...congrats on the find/return.

Oh, yes. Even though I never got to see his face when he say his dad's dog tag, I can only imagine it was priceless from what he had wrote me. Returning a lost item to the rightful owner is such a natural high. It doesn't get much better than that. HH, Nancy