Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Wee Canadian nickle

Topdecker

We finally got a good rain which allowed me to return to a private lawn. It was so, so, so nice to finally dig in moist soil!

I was swinging the Deus and starting to get pretty worn down - I was just starting hour number of 3 of my hunt and the sun was starting to get warm. I got a rock solid 87 (18khz scale) which is in that skanky zone between indians and copper pennies. But it sounded really clean and crisp, so I dropped to dig. I sent my physical coin probe down and struck a coin at 1.5" inches, pulled my coin popper out and popped that sucker.

Missed it. A rescan with the pistol probe said it was gone so I got up and scanned the ground with the Deus. Nada. Inspected the coin popper and it had a little bitty piece of silver stuck to it :) Moisture got me.

I thought I had my 3rd life-time half-dime at first, but closer inspection revealed to be a Canadian half-dime er - nickle
2silv_01.jpg

2silv_02.jpg

Earlier I'd found the merc almost sitting on the surface. Free silver to the first person to get a coil over it, I guess :)

I don't want to hex it or nothing, but that little Canuck nickle is my 4th medallion in 4 weekends. Idiotic luck and I am REALLY enjoying my good fortune. I might have even gotten another medallion:

unknown_01.jpg

I don't know what that it except it appears to have had a spot to be worn like a medallion :) I'd say that it was made mostly from zinc - the back of it is totally gone. It was around 5.5" down, hugging a tree root that had it sitting at a sharp angle. I found it on the way back to my vehicle.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Very nice finds. Congrats! And we got nearly 3" of rain, too, but of course I'm away this weekend and can't hunt. Cough cough, may have to call in sick Monday. :)
Rich