Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A week with the "Doc"

joeforthegold

Just got back from working for Doc for a week Tuesday thru Saturday. Doc and I put some doors in at his place there in Vegas. Hopefully made life a little easier to get in and out of his storage. I had a great time the whole time and while I am glad to be home I am kind of sorry it's all done and over.
I think the world of Doc, He is a bit of a celebrity and mentor for me. He has a wonderful family and they welcomed me into their home while we were working on Doc's project. Doc did a great job of keeping me busy and out of trouble while my little family was vacationing in Northern Ca.
Doc took me to a couple of his spots for a day of prospecting and I was able to snag one little .5 gram nuggety-specimen. My first Arizona gold.
Doc thanks for everything. I sure enjoyed the pool after those 100+ temps out there. Dianna's cooking was excellent. Aaron, Adam, and Alex are some of the best kiddoes ever. You must be one proud PaPa.
You are the best Doc
-Joe

A week with Doc. That is nugget hunting with Doc. I know of several people on the forum that I would love to hunt with and Doc is one of them... It is always nice to find gold. That is a nice find. Glad you got to Hunt with Doc. HAGD....

Years ago I had purchased a storage container, one of those 8 X 40 foot shipping containers. My sons and I insulated it, and trimmed it all out on the inside, put in an air conditioner heat pump combination, and ran heavy duty shelving down the length on each wall.

It is a great storage area. Only problem is, the only way to get in to it was to go outside, take the locks off of the gates, take three locks off of the storage container, and open the big end doors to get into it. Well as you can imagine, with that being such a chore we hate using the container.

I had always thought that if we had a regular steel door into it, and a regular steel door out of the back of my building, we could open one door, and the other and just step right into the storage container and we could use it the way it was originall designed, to get things in order.

Well Joe, being the DOOR GURU, of Southern California I decided to enlist his help. Well strike that, I decided to have him DO IT ! All I did for three days was stand around and say, "What can I do to help?"

I'm happy to report that the doors are installed, no minor feat. It involved busting out stucco, cutting through metal, welding, drilling, caulking, all things that I would rather not be involved in. Joe even showed me how the new welder I had bought back in December works. I bought a welder cause I thought it was neat, not knowing how to use the dam thing. So we christened it. It was still in the sealed box.

We picked really nice weather to do this work in. One day it was 117 degrees! The day we went out prospecting it was 114 in the desert. Even the rattle snakes were drinking Gator Aid.

These doors are a significant improvement and will allow us to organize our stock of coils and boots and the like more efficiently.

Joe it was great to have you as a house guest. Sorry you didn't find more gold, but I am happy you did not get skunked.

Next time we will have to do this before we do manual labor, by the time we went gold prospecting I was pooped from watching you work so hard.

Thanks again!

DOC

HI

I have hunted with Doc and what a butch of fun! He always keeps you going and he a joy to hunt with. I hope more of you can go prospecting with Doc, he has come a long way from his early days!
Wishing you all a great golden year and be safe out there.
RenoJim