Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Abandoned House Silver...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

I had some luck yesterday. My detecting buddy, Kenneth, and I first went to an abandoned house that we had hunted before. The city mowed the yard which previously much of it was un-huntable. At that site I dug 9 Wheat cents and in the back yard near the pool I dug over $6.00 in clad - mostly quarters. We decided to move on and look for another site to hunt. Kenneth at 84 years old has a good eye for spotting good detecting sites. He saw a house that had the "empty " look. We knocked on the door and spoke to the owner who said that the building was a dentist's office and that he was going to have it demolished and that we were welcome to detect it. Kenneth, dug 5 silver coins: a 1939-S Merc, 3 silver Roosevelt's and a silver Jefferson. I dug a 1958-D Washington Quarter, a 1935-D Washington, a no date Liberty Standing Quarter, a 1942-S silver Jefferson, a nice 1939-S Jefferson and the Lord's Prayer Which I believe was originally a Lincoln Cent that had been rolled. I also dug some clad and a few wheat cents. We finished up at the third site which was an older house - probably built in the 1940's. Kenneth dug a 1943 Merc, and a 1957-D Roosevelt and I dug a 1934 Heavy Motto Washington Quarter, a 1954-D Roosevelt, 2 1951-D Roosevelt's, one of which looks like it had been hit with a lawn mower, a 1943-P Silver Jefferson , a Sterling Silver Donald Duck ring and a Virgo Key fob or medallion. When I got home I counted the wheat cents and I had a total of 27 - the oldest is a 1928-S. Also had a total of $13.25 in clad. There is still a lot of hunting to do at the last site. We didn't get to the back yard and much of the front has not been hunted due to overgrowth. We are going to give it another try Wednesday - I might take a lawn mower with me! I was using my V3i with the 6x10 coil. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Targets of opportunity. Good work !

Nice finds! I too hope that I can still do some dirt fishing well into my 80's.

Congrats! Glad you got out and had a good hunt.

That 6x10 on the V3i is a great combo for yards.

Thanks Jimmy! We do the best that we can! I hope that you are still swinging a coil well PAST your 84th birthday! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting !
blind Squirrel

Thanks voorhees231! I hope that you are still dirtfishing way past your 80's! Best of luck to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks wasp! I have ALL of the Whites coils for the DFX and v3i and I must agree with you 100%. The 6x10 is great for home sites and I believe that it's a pretty much all-purpose coil. It gets good depth and satisfactory target separation. Some sites , though call for the 4x6. With that being said I always take the 4x6, 6x10 and the 9" spider coil (if I think a deep seeking concentric coil is best for a site) with lower rods on all of them to facilitate a fast coil change. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel