Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

About to become a first-time Fisher user, F2 should be here Friday!

Skillet

Right now I've got 10 different machines; Garretts, Tesoros, Whites, an Explorer... and God bless 'em, I like and use them all. They all have their quirks and strengths and fit the bill for different types of hunting. Not a Fisher in the stable up 'till now...

But this deal with the F2 just looks too good to pass up! The posts on this new machine have got me convinced that I need "just one more".

Some years back, I had a Titan/RS 3300 (which appears to have the same control housing as the "F's", but I sold it because of poor target separation and mediocre depth. It looks like the F2s/F4s have the target response problem licked. I've been reading Andy's posts with great interest and like him, I'll be very interested in how it matches up against the 250 (Garrett).

Like many, I've had problems IDing nickels in the past and have high hopes for the F2 in that regard.

So far, the Explorer and my battered GTA 1000 PM are my best nickel hunters... but the Explorer is slow on target recovery and the 1000 is slower than some...

Hopefully I'll be posting more on the Fisher forum. I'm planning on getting some hunting time in this weekend with the F2.

HH All!
Skillet

Skillet,
Congrats on the purchase, looking forward to seeing your finds and what you think of the F2. I am new at this and was wondering why id'ing a nickel is important, I never heard that from anyone else before.
HH
Glenn

Alot of machines have trouble telling nickels from pulltabs, and even the best aren't %100.

For me it's just a fun challenge trying to find nickels on trashy sites.

Skillet

Skillet,
The F2 has the fastest target response of any detector I have used. You won't have any problem even with the 8 inch coil. I have only hunted about 5 hours with the F2 as our weather is cold and icy now. The nickels should hit around #32 to #34 depending on your soil. I hardly use the PP button on the F2 because it beeps right over the target. I have not noticed any loss of depth swinging ultra slow to mega fast. It is proving to be a nice detector.

As good as the Ace 250 is, I like the F2 even better. If you really want a hot potato, try an F75 - it's cheap at half the price. ;)

I was pleasantly surprised when I put the F2 together and started using it. I will take it over the Ace 250 any day! Lightning recovery and so better target ID.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

newbie here just played with my F2 last night for the 1st time. Had a quickie training course on a dfx by a fellow seasoned hunter. So i may ask some ignorant ?'s at times. The f2 depth display please explain, it has a bar graph with no damned scale to the graph. the manual says it gives the depth in inches. The scale has 2 lines ....so how many inches is each line??? i went last night and was having hits to the + 99 and over at time what the heck it that? figured it was trash so i didn't dig. Would one of you experts out there compile a list of what the #'s relate to? i am getting real good at finding junk! HELP Please...

[quote BobH]As good as the Ace 250 is, I like the F2 even better. If you really want a hot potato, try an F75 - it's cheap at half the price. ;)[/quote]

BobH, in your post, you said "try an F75 - it's cheap at half the price." At first, I thought you meant at half the price of an F2. But knowing that an F4 is just over $900, I knew that couldn't be the case. Could you please explain what you meant?? Sorry if I am dumb or "thick headed!!"

Thanks,
Robert

Welcome to the forum. We will all be looking forward to your report on the newest Fisher. HH Don

The bar graph for depth is the "on the fly" depth gauge. When you swing over a target it will fill up. Each bar is about 2 inches. Then when you push the PP button you will get a depth read out in inches. Do some air tests to come up with your own TID numbers. Good luck.

Robert,

Just a feeble attempt at humor. All I meant was that the F75 is an expensive detector, but at half the price it would be cheap. Actually, it is well worth the $934 I paid for it. Best detector I ever owned.

Bob

...has anyone been able to duplicate the depth graph on the front of the manual? The bottom two segments are dark with the top one empty. My graph works from the top down - top dark = shallow, top two dark = medium and all three dark = deep.

Mine is upside down also, Thanks to the poster for letting me know each bar is approx 2" and i was to ignorant of the PP feature to notice the depth. Only other observation i have it is sure is sensitive. My boots set if off if my foot gets around it, lay it down to dig and it sounds like R2D2... turning down the sensitivity helps but still goes ape sh$t at time.

Yep, My digger sets it off at 1.5 feet when I run the sens full blast. I have to lay the coil a couple of feet from my hole.

HEY SKILLET, IF YOU WANT THE BEST NICKEL FINDER ,GET A CZ-5 OR 6.THEY ARE ABOUT 80% ACCURATE ON NICKELS,WHEN YOU GET SOLID HIT BACK AND FOURTH.