Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

About to buy another Deus. I have never owned the WS-5 headphones

Kevin B.

Do any of you Deus Users use the WS-5 headphones and really like them??? Are they nice and clear like the Killer Bees? I only ever used the WS-4 Backphones. Is there a clear improvement over the backphones (except sweaty ears and the fact that the WS-5's block out all other sounds). If the the WS-5's are an actual improvement over the WS-4's.....then naturally, I will get the WS-5's. Thanks for all feedback. Kevin

I thought the WS-5's were a big improvement over the WS-4's. I felt the tones were much better and of course the ambient sound was better. I didn't really find them all that hot in the summer either.

Thank you Southwind!!! I live in Tennessee and wish that a southern wind would blow up from the gulf and push out this frigid cold. But from what I understand, I friends in the Northern States are REALLY having a tough go of it.
I appreciate the feedback!!!!

I have never used the WS4 headphones so cannot comment on them,but i do own a use the WS5 headphones,i find them exactly what i want from a set,they do cut out most of the external noise so this will then give you the ability to hear those really feint deep signals,if i need a lighter set of headphones during the summer i always carry a set of the xp wired headphones for the ultra cheap price they produce better quality sounds than sets costing much much more,of course i can only speak on how i use my Deus setup but most of the time its the WS5 and occasionally the wired backphones.

Cannot see anything to be gained by having both the WS4 and the WS5 ones,build quality of these is superb and not heavy either.

I love my WS5s.. I would never want the 4s.. except if I were to use the module.. The 5s are great sounding and very comfortable

Micheal

It's not just about sound!
The WS5 phones have a larger more user friendly LCD readout on the module , however they are also fixed to the headphones and cannot be removed to use with the adapter clip like the WS4 module which allows you to use the headphones of your choice. Although they were very good , I didn't think the WS5s were special enough to give up the versatility of the WS4 setup so I swapped mine back to XP for the WS4s and have not regretted it. However , if you chose to use one of the headsets made for the WS4 module from Vance , Grey Ghost or the Chefphones I suggest you do your homework first.

I liked the WS-5's sound and comfort--the only negative experience I had with them was the protective ear cups would slide off when I took the headphones off. I don't think I was the only person to experience that issue--in any case, after my first day of use, I contacted XP and asked to swap the WS-5s for the Gray Ghosts...XP sent me the Gray Ghosts and the WS-4s before they even received the WS-5s back from me. I love the Gray Ghosts, so I haven't looked back.

Thanks for the replies. I see that the GreyGhost can be purchased brand new with wireless capabilty. That is nice to know.

Ive had the WS5 phones for over a year now and the only problem I have is the ear cups are starting to crack and get rough due to some rainy hunts over the past few months. They are very rugged, along with the coil and upper shaft assembly - most of the time everything rides around in the trunk of my car (becuase you never know when that itch will present itself). I know this is not recommended, but I haven't had ANY trouble out of ANY component thus far.

The WS5 phones will block out some background noise, but not as much as a set of GG; but much more than the WS4 phones. I've never used anything but the WS5...so I may be a little biased...If you have a smaller noggin, some users have reported that they try to fall off when bending over to retrieve a target. I have a large watermelon-type head, and most of the time they stay put OK. When it's colder outside a sockcap or a beanie will go a long way in keeping the phones securely planted.

In the summer, it does get a little stifling above 90*F using these phones, however it's something I live with...

CZconnoisseur said:
In the summer, it does get a little stifling above 90*F using these phones, however it's something I live with...

And as much as I enjoy the Gray Ghosts, they're even more stifling than the WS-5s (in the summer heat).

yes ws5s are more sturdy ,backphones tend to snap at the folding joint even if you are carefull. better screen as its a tad bigger too

The only problems I've had with them is the padding is a little thin and after say 5 hours my ears get a little sore from them pushing on the speaker cloth. Maybe I just have big ears but no ones told me I do.......

I really like mine. Only gripe I have is the headband adjustment is a little loose and it can expand on its own sometimes, but its not a big deal, just could be tighter.

I love mine but this is also the only pair I've owned. The ws4's don't fit as well but they still sounded good

I prefer the WS5 which I did a field test on for XP when they were first made.

I still like the WS4 as they allow the user to wear a complete sun hat to protect the head and neck from Ultra Violet Light.

Both work just fine and its all about personal choice, but of the the 2 pairs available I would choose WS5.

Happy Hunting. Jerry.

top kit the 11 coil and WS5s ,they cant be beat IMO

So far I like the ws5 headphones. This detector is still very new to me and is going to take some time to get use too.