Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Accessories

MyBeesnuss

I'm needing Rain covers, Nel 12x13 coil,
Or maybe the Mars..? I'm gonna need some input
I use tobe a Whites owner..(XLT) But since I used my buddy's Minelab 70, I'm a true believer now.
So I got the X-Terra 705, but still learning how to use.

Attachments

• 16356390509916544884333761512184.jpg
    16356390509916544884333761512184.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
I'm needing Rain covers, Nel 12x13 coil,
Or maybe the Mars..? I'm gonna need some input
I use tobe a Whites owner..(XLT) But since I used my buddy's Minelab 70, I'm a true believer now.
So I got the X-Terra 705, but still learning how to use.
Stick with either Minelab or Coiltek coils. All the others are pirated. Reverse engineered by eastern European technology thieves, and regardless of what other users might say they can't perform as well as the Minelab and Coiltek loops. It's a subject that's been covered in this forum ad nauseum.

Here's a cover that is inexpensive and will work well.

The Nel coils are some of my favorite coils. I can’t speak for the Mars coils but had several Nel coils. But with that said. They worked better on my xterra 70. I had two 705’s and and several 70’s. My favorite Nel was the hunter. It rarely came off my detector. The Nel coils are made way better than a Minelab coil also. You can catch Nel coils for xterras on the bay sometimes really cheap. Since the xterra last are discontinued.
Thanks brother ..
That really helps.

Thanks brother ..
That really helps.
You can spend your money however you wish, but be aware that Minelab even changed their firmware to negate the use of clandestine coils. The thieves countered by coming up with a button pushing sequence on startup to force acceptance of their coils instead of the normal "plug-n-play" enjoyed by authorized coil users.
If having to force the machine to accept a coil doesn't send up any red flags, what will?

All I can say is that is why I always didn’t like the 705’s they changed them so the Nel coils didn’t work as good on some. The older the xterra the better. Minelab would sell more detectors if they would allow other coils to be used. I know several people that bought other brands because of that. That being said I really like my Minelab detector which is now a nox 800. If Minelab would beef up their coil ears I would buy more Minelab coils.

All I can say is that is why I always didn’t like the 705’s they changed them so the Nel coils didn’t work as good on some. The older the xterra the better. Minelab would sell more detectors if they would allow other coils to be used. I know several people that bought other brands because of that. That being said I really like my Minelab detector which is now a nox 800. If Minelab would beef up their coil ears I would buy more Minelab coils.
What you have to consider, is that the Xterra was the first all digital machine, and the technology was kept proprietary to protect their immense investment in that revolutionary new technology. They had several top physicists working for a lengthy period of time to come up with it, so why should they simply turn the market loose with what they invested so much time and capital on?
You can't begin to compare SmartCoil™ Technology to everyone else's coils that are basically just wound copper wire in a resin filled plastic housing. You're talking apples & oranges.

We have to agree that we are never going to agree on Nel coils. Some people like apples over oranges and some people prefer oranges over apples. They both are good coils. But they all have their advantages. That’s what makes these forums so good. We can discuss our preferences and our thoughts.