Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

accessory preference

okdirtfisher

Started by adding full rods per coil,DX-1 hardware per coil with the DX-1 mounting just below the cam lock on each shaft,I've started an audio/video library so my arm cup is the combination of 2 cups with playsport camera. I hunt with headphones but mounted an external speaker just at the front of the black-box (self powered unit) I turn it on when I've received a good target, each coil has an in-line-data suppressor (high EMI areas) made a stand from an old guitar stand it brings the unit up 7'' when in full use or 3'' in the up position.Made a probe using an old (FORD TRUCK) antenna it's brass tipped with deer antler handle.with every thing mounted I've brought the weight up a few pounds but its all just a nut and bolt away from basic unit!:detecting:

When you change coils/rods, don't you have to take your pinpointer off too? I have all the lower rods on the coils but not the upper rods. Could you take a close up of your DX-1 hardware per coil with the DX-1 mounting? Maybe I would understand better. Thanks and I still like your wood floors. :blush: HH, Nancy

Hi Nancy,My reasoning in the way the DX-1 is mounted on my machine Is I found it difficult getting the rod locks just above the cam lock to release and I wanted upper and lower shafts on all my coils so I drilled holes in all shafts just below cam lock and that places my DX-1 in a location other than factory I called Sunray and purchased the hardware.It is just a preference however to me it seems worth the purchase price only because before I did lose a rubber washer and lost a few hours before I could replace it.

Now that's using your brain. :thumbup: I like that. Thanks for the explination and also the photos.

Have you had any fires close to you out in the red dirt area?

HH,
Nancy

concerning your question,smoke is in the wind but no fires burning in my immediate area.
Thanks Nancy for your service to the forum,and your CSI

Insane setup jwilkes ! My mid-range detecting equipment plan is almost identical. I'm trying to work on getting an MXT Pro and an MXT, MXT 300 as a backup/loaner. Longer-range plans would include a V3i but I don't anticipate being ready to add that for at least a year +. Ingenious customizations you've come up with . ..thanks for sharing.

[size=large]that is one big effort on equipment. was wondering what you're gunna do when you get serious about detecting? :cheers:[/size]

Be all I can Be, In the Recovery of History!
Numismatics they say is ''The Hobby of Kings'' I say put a Whites in his hand and let him have some real fun collecting them old coins:detecting:just dig it

I also have the Kodak Playsport and I love it. How do you have it hooked onto that upper rod. Photo please ??? Thanks so much. CCH

Cajuncoinhunter said:
I also have the Kodak Playsport and I love it. How do you have it hooked onto that upper rod. Photo please ??? Thanks so much. CCH
Hello Cajuncoinhunter,What I have is 2 arm cups bolted together,with a hole drilled in the top cup.I took a targus tripod apart and used the mounting hardware so now the arm cup is the tripod with full range of motion.:chase: