Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

According to my Detector Seller for the Equinox

Tony N (Michigan)

I asked the store I am purchasing the Equinox from about when the Equinox will ship.
He said they will ship the end of this month from Australia and then they have to go through customs.
We may get them the 1st half of February.

I don't know how long it takes to ship them to the USA and other country's, but think the distributor will see them close to the middle of Feb if they get though the customs fast. Now the time the dist gets them to the dealers and then to the customers that were the first to order I still predict the first of March for the first ones to get out. Those that ordered later may have a wait depending on how many are being made and how fast they can make more. I really feel those that just ordered after the first of the year may not see them for a couple of months as the back orders I think is huge.

Lets all hope that they will be here sooner, but this is the biggest interest in any detector I have seen in my 45 years of detecting.

Rick

If they ship from Asia it takes about 15 to 20 days for a steamship line to reach Long Beach. From Australia i have seen up to 30 days depending on where all the steamship line stops to load more cargo. Then the containers clear customs which should not take more than a day unless customs expects to find something in the container that should not be there. Then the containers will either be trucked or sent by rail and then trucked to the Distributors. Once the distributor receives the container they have to package shipments to the Dealers. Then you have a few more days before the dealers recieve the detectors. Then the Dealer has the task of shipping the detectors to the Consumer. If those container loads of detectors are not already on the way to the US you will not see the detectors in the hands of the Consumer until some time either late Feb or early March.

I spent over six years in the freight moving industry so i do know a little bit about what i am saying. Also some folks think that Minelab is going to spend in excess of 100 grand to fly them to the US. That is not going to happen. Not when a steamship line will move a 40 foot container for approximately 2500 to 3000 dollars.

GeorgeinSC said:
...... Once the distributor receives the container they have to package shipments to the Dealers. Then you have a few more days before the dealers recieve the detectors. Then the Dealer has the task of shipping the detectors to the Consumer. ......

Most dealers who have online customers never touch those detectors, they are shipped directly from the distributors. The modern online sales business model has very little to no in-store stock beyond floor models.

I dont even know if we have the final machine yet....... but they are built in Malaysia. I cant see shipping them to Aussy town just to re-ship them to the major distributors...... then to the dealers.... then to us. Got to be a faster route between two point....... them and us. However, i dont expect to see them till mid-Feb.

GeorgeinSC said:
If they ship from Asia it takes about 15 to 20 days for a steamship line to reach Long Beach. From Australia i have seen up to 30 days depending on where all the steamship line stops to load more cargo. Then the containers clear customs which should not take more than a day unless customs expects to find something in the container that should not be there. Then the containers will either be trucked or sent by rail and then trucked to the Distributors. Once the distributor receives the container they have to package shipments to the Dealers. Then you have a few more days before the dealers recieve the detectors. Then the Dealer has the task of shipping the detectors to the Consumer. If those container loads of detectors are not already on the way to the US you will not see the detectors in the hands of the Consumer until some time either late Feb or early March.

I spent over six years in the freight moving industry so i do know a little bit about what i am saying. Also some folks think that Minelab is going to spend in excess of 100 grand to fly them to the US. That is not going to happen. Not when a steamship line will move a 40 foot container for approximately 2500 to 3000 dollars.

What it is is what it is, but it's not really consistent with Minelabs own announcement
that says shipping from them by late Jan., depending on distribution factors those who
preordered detectors should start to receive them from late Jan on. I'm hoping the distributor
has them earlier in February. The longer the wait the closer is spring is the optimistic way
to look at it.

[size=large]This just to add my 2 cents.
When I buy 10 DeepTech Detectors from Bulgaria, my shipping, including insurance and customs, usually runs around $40 per detector and once it clears customs, I can have them in 36 hours. That is by UPS.
I was informed that the more I purchased, the less shipping cost and insurance would be. I am not being argumentative but sharing my experience.
How does Deus, Nokta, Macro, etc ship their detectors ? How has ML shipped in the past.. Richard[/size]

beegees said:
As America isn't the only country in the world it's possible Asian or oceanic countries will get some first

Good call. If you are there you could probably make a buck by buying all you can get your hands on and then reselling them and letting your customers pay for air shipping. Cuz they all sick of waiting and ready to drop the 3 month preorders for a now thing. You dig?

Assuming the ML hasnt issued a "hold until" date for all distributors.