Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 150 question

ojm bc

is this model performance wise any lower then the 250? would buying a 150 be very close to a 250.
Not concearned of extra's unless the 250 goes deeper?? thanks

just window shopping, will the basic functions of depth be very close to the 250?

In my opinion The 250 is a deeper machine. its confusing as the ace 150 frequency is rated 6.5khz and depending on where you look the 250's rated 6.5 or 7.2 khz. I've never owned one but up-graded to the 350 after a year and a bit with the 150. I used to hunt with someone using the 250 and he could pick up targets the 150 could not. if your after one I would recommend getting the 250, I know your not bothered about extras but the pinpoint feature will save you a lot of bother! the ability to chose what you except or reject is also a very useful feature-- being able to eliminate pull tabs in certain areas or eliminating false signals on wet sand will save you from pulling your hair out!

go with the 250....

happy hunting!

The 150 does not have VCO pin pointing...the Ace 250 does.
The frequency is the same for both machines 6.5 kHz
The Ace 150 on has three modes of operation: All metal,jewelry and coins.
The Ace 250 has five modes: All metal Coin and Jewelry, custom(allows you to set your own individualized
mode of operation) relic mode, and Coin only mode.
The Ace 150 has only 4 sensitivity /depth adjustments....the 250 has 8.
The 250 allows you to notch out what you don't want to detect.
The 150 as fixed notched discrimination; in other words you can't notch ANYTHING out.

You will not be happy in my opinion, with the Ace 150; for a few dollars more yoou can get the Ace 250.
It is as good or better than the $400 dollar machines out there.

Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $50 and get the whole ball of wax.

Just one more thing, get yourself a hand held pin pointer. Many people who start out can't find
their target in the hole on in the dirt. They think there must be something wrong with their detector
or that is falsing. IT'S not falsing. The target is there but hidden in the SIDE of the hole, in the plug or in the dirt thats
been dug out. Many targets are so dirty you can't tell them from the surrounding dirt. I'm not saying the Ace 250
can't false signal you, because it can but if yoou keep the sensitivity down you will never have that problem
unless your in heavy mineralized soil

Salida

All the reasons given above in favor of the 250 are true, but the pin point button on the 250 is the biggest reason. If you're only going to do the dry sand in tot lots, or beaches, then precision pin pointing isn't important, but in parks or other people's yards you don't want to be making big messy holes trying to find the target. The 250 will pay for itself several times over if you take it out and use it. I didn't spend the money I found with mine. I got large coffee cans and put the quarters in one can, dimes in another, etc.for 3 1\2 years. When I added it up I had over $1260 just in change, which is more than five times what I paid for the machine new, plus 6 gold rings, 20 sterling rings, and other other things that didn't have value but that I thought were neat, like a cia pin as one example. If the difference in price between a 250 and a 150 is going to be hard on your finances, go to the bottom of this forum to the detectors for sale section, and put in there: Ace 250 wanted. You should be able to find one in excellent condition for the price of a new 150, maybe even less.

I forgot to answer your question above about depth. I've never owned a 150, but they are almost the same machine except for features, so they should be about the same depth. The one thing that does make a difference in depth is coil size. I bought my system about four years ago, so I don't have any opinions on the current DD coils like on the 350 that will work with the 250, because I've never used them, but I can tell you this: the 12" concentric coil for the Ace will go at least 2" deeper that the stock 9" coil. If you have a trashy park and you're trying to get separation between targets, then you need a small coil, but for open areas you can cover the ground faster and go deeper with the 12" coil. I was doing mostly the dry sand of the beach, and some fairly clean parks, and that bigger coil never came off of my detector.

The Ace 250 coils will work with the ace 350 but NOT the other way around. If Kelly Co is telling people that
it's is incorrect. The people at Garrett customer service have told me the same thing.
Salida

Simply put,the ace 250 is the way to go.I even use mine in wet sand at the beach.Ive been using mine for quite some years now as my primary machine.Ive had a lot more expensive ones but they could not match simplisity or price of the 250.I use a whites as my back-up and it cost me way more than the 250.HH Wayne in Delaware