Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ACE 250...decided to NOTCH IT ALL OUT!

sandtrout

ACE 250...what happens when you notch it all out?
I was at another park and decided to NOTCH IT ALL OUT! Try it sometime. I do this during the summers when it's too hot to wear the headphones. Of course you neck can get stiff since you don't take your eyes off the screen but I'm not one of those who says, "i don't even use my screen"...and why not....i paid for it! When I'm cherry picking I'll turn it back on and only look down when it "sounds" but when it's hot I turn it off and just use the screen. The only time you hear it is when you pinpoint.

The ACE is definitely a dime and nickel magnet...not as much today as yesterday but at a different park. And I found it all by turning the volume OFF by notching all of it out! And just when you thought you'd heard it all....

Doing away with the audio robs one of an important tool as to an experienced operator two objects that fall on the same block on the screen do not sound the same and audio and video gives you a double edged sword to dig or not. However always say whatever works and experimentation yield many quirks both good and bad..

I see no reason it cannot be done this way but I cannot think of a reason to actually do it that way. :)

Jerry