Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 Enviro Cover??

Dick from IA

Some time ago I saw an Enviro Cover for the control box of an Ace 250, but don't remember where. Anyone know where to get one?

On my last outing with the 250, the ground was rather muddy, I wore gloves and noticed a lot of dirt getting on the push buttons. Once this dirt dries it appears it could filter into the housing quite easily. Even if it's not harmful to the inside, sure makes the panel look cruddy:tongue:

I use a clear plastic bag from the produce department at the local supermarket. Kellyco may have what you're looking for or check the dealers here on the forums.

Bill

Im about as cheap as, Bill. I made one from pink bubble wrap and duct tape. It works - it aint pretty.

I've got one on mine, but I forgot where I got it from...
It's yellow with a clear front. You could do a search
on google, etc and probably find it. IE: search for
garrett ace rain cover, etc.. I think it was like 12
bucks or something like that. I leave mine on all the
time, and yes, it does reduce the dirt that gets on the
buttons. It also protects from hard "fall overs", and of
course, rain..
MK

Dick,

Like the others, I have also had great succes with baggies but I also purchased the enviro cover you are looking for. The cover looks "cool" and fits nice but that's probably its only advantage.

If you decide you want to with the "real deal" rain hat for the ACE, you can get them from Chuck at the Treasure Hut (that's where mine came from). Here's the link and the rain hat is on that page right below the pictures of the ACE 150.

http://www.treasurehut.org/garrett.html

HH