Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 for CW Relics?

ric44

I asked this on another forum but havent got much in the way of user input yet. Do any of you Ace users hunt specifically for relics, especially CW? Id like to hear from you. Thanks, Rick

ric44 said:
I asked this on another forum but havent got much in the way of user input yet. Do any of you Ace users hunt specifically for relics, especially CW? Id like to hear from you. Thanks, Rick

Rick, I love the Ace, but I wouldn't use it for general relic hunting. I have found Minnies with mine and some neat old stuff. For relics you want a detector that will go much deeper.
I can get 7" on a cent with my Ace. Parks, tot lots, sports fields and old houses the Ace does well. With high grass, leaves and a woodland situation you might miss a lot of good stuff with the Ace. It is hard to find or get permission to MD a CW site. You want to make sure you get it all. Others have been there before you. You need to do them one better and have a MD'er that can go deeper than theirs.

Thanks John for your reply. I just bought an Ace today because I thought it was worth the money and I knew they were popular enough that I could get the money back out of it.Ill use it as kind of a fill in till I find a used Tejon. I sold a Whites 5900 di pro sl to my buddy and it was a relic monster but damn over the years it seems to get heavier and heavier. Coin hunting and shallow water detecting are great but CW relics are my real love.

The AM threshold mode, Would have been wonderful to have the legendary Garrett threshold AM mode to hunt deep with!!!

I wished it had adjustable GB too. But what do you really expect for $200.00? Garrett had to draw the line somewhere. If they didn't they couldn't sell any of their other detectors! It's way under priced for the features and performance. You would be surprised at the depth the 9x12 coil gets.

My 7 yr old son got one for Christmas. First time out he got 3 minieballs, 4 hole underwear button, part of a sabot from shell, various brass objects that have not been id yet. Not bad for 1st time and 2 hrs of hunting. Also, there is plenty of relics still out there at some sites. The 250 is not top of the line, but it is a great machine and should find plenty of relics if you obtain good hunting sites. Look forward to your post.

Well after Ive used it a little ill know more of what to do about extra coils. The 9 x12 sounds nice but so does the sniper coil as a lot of the long term encampments are strewn with iron trash and extremely tuff to pull brass, copper and lead targets out of. JCJEXPLORER your son sounds like hes got the 250 down pat, tell him to keep up the good work. Most of my sites are western theater and have had the dog hunted out of them. I know its funny to call CW sites east of the mississippi western theater but in reality they are.

One thing about the Sniper - it has amazing depth for such a small coil. Seven inches from a 4.5 inch coil is better than good.

Bill

Did I read that right?? 7 inches?? on a qtr or dime?? Still impressive. I'm glad i've got one coming.

Yeah you read it right. That's on a quarter. It will hit a dime on edge at about four inches. It's an amazing little gadget. Depths may vary due to soil conditions but most everyone gets respectable depth with it.

Bill..