Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 Hits the Beach

Dick from IA

Finally today I had time for a 3 hour hunt with the Ace 250 at an Atlantic Beach. Hutchinson Island Florida. And the Ace did just fine.

It was a beach not overly populated with sun worshippers, mostly fishermen and shell collectors. Ended up with $2.12, sinkers, fish hooks and gobs of bottle caps. The digging is so easy, so I ran in AM and dug all repeatable signals. It was a fun new experience and BTW, the Ace performs super on ocean sand:clapping::garrett:

I had a White's 5000/d a few years back. It died before I did any beach hunting. The only thing I ever used on the beach is the Ace 250. So I don't know what's good or bad. I make it work and I do get results. I go out where the waves go over the sand. I get hits on quarters 6" down and pennies at 4". The summer crowds are fun to hit. You can dig to your heart content. The winter crowd is different and a lot slower. Any place the beach gets dug out is worth checking out. It is easy and having fun is what it is all about. My last beach hunt was all in wet sand and this is what I found. Lower left is a thumb tack laying on a small metal wire. The wire is thin and I think it is spring steel. My Ace picked it up under water. IF IT CAN PICK THAT UP IT CAN FIND GOLD. The picture below of the ring was found in dry sand 6" down to wet sand. I also found a nice Sterling ring with a large zirconium in it. Low tide is the key in winter. Keep us posted.

I dig all targets at the beach also. Scoop, shake, go to next target.

When I am lucky enought to search sand it really spoils me in a way that I dred digging dirt... I wish I lived on a beach...

...I really like sand. Whenever I see it I try to get into it and do some detecting. VOlleyball courts, sandy areas of playgrounds, beaches big and small - anywhere I see the stuff!
I dont always clean up there, but the digging is easy.