Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ace 250 in my area

thsfineday

I live in Taylor Michigan just outside of Detroit and I am wondering if anyone is in my area that has the ace 250 i can see in use before i buy one. I have read a lot of good things about it but would like a hands on first before spending 300.oo.

I don't live in your area but the Ace 250 is a user friendly machine turn on and go a slight learning curve learning the tones pinpointing is easy I don't think you could go wrong buying one. Howard

Just buy it and be amazed. I promise you will find your quota the first day. If you like digging coins. Shoot buy it.

Purchasing an ace250 friday, the price is right! a good beginner model , it takes alot of persistence and dedication to this hobby, its good exercise, and you can meet some interesting people. Unless your willing to spend alot of hours digging pull tabs and junk the hobby is not for you. It takes time to find gold, just as it does treasure.

Have Fun!

I use a gtp1350 Garrett, 2 gold rings in a week! Luck luck luck

Hey OP...

Ace 250's don't cost $300. I just got mine 2 wks ago on ebay from a metal detector dealer in florida. Brand new for $212 with free shipping. Got it in 3 days. Used ones for less than that, but I advise getting new so you have a 2 yr warrenty with Garrett.

If you are going to hunt allot of trashy spots, tight spot, or the woods spend a little more($276) and get the Ace 250 "Hunter Special". Because the Ace 4.5" sniper coil is included. Plus you also get Garrett's Headphones, Treasure Pouch, & a Stainless Steel Digger. I wish I had new all about the sniper coil before I order mine. If I had I would have gotten this package instead of just the 250 for $212.

gl in what ever you buy
CSJ

Thats the Deluxe package. Comes with extra coil and stuff. You can get the Ace 250 from Kellyco FOR $212.45....... kellyco.com
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/garrett/garrett-ace250.htm

The deluxe would been a waste for me, I didn't want the 9x12 performance coil, I want the snipper coil. And the "Hunter Special" included the snipper coil. That is what I wished I had orderd. Now to get a snipper I have to spend approx $63 more. That would be like spending $275 for the "Hunter Special". But with the "Hunter Special" you also get headphones and steel digger.

In my opinion, any beginner would have better use for the sniper than the 9x12 coil. I would suggest to anyone to get the "Hunter Special" instead of the Deluxe. But thats me, I hunt allot of trashy areas and the snipper is good for that. At least that's what I read in here.

not to offend anyone on here but I am far from being a beginner. I have been detecting for 20 years now.I started this thread with the hopes of finding someone in my area to just let me see a hands on operation of the ace250 before I bought it for my nephew. I understand I can buy the ace for 212.45 much lower than the 300.00 I had quoted but for that price I can get the deluxe package and later on get the sniper coil when he gets a little experience under his belt.

you didn't offend me, hope I didn't offend you. From your post I thought you was just starting out and I was telling my thoughts on what 250 package was the best buy in my opinion. I am no veteran, infact this is my first year. Last winter I picked up a used, but looked new, Ace 300 for $5 at an estate auction. I was planing on selling it on ebay, but tried it out first and ain't looked back since. I love this new hobby. I used it for about 2 wks then bought my 250. Before I bought my 250 I did allot of research and found the 250 was the best value for the money to start out with, but I should have gotten the package that had the snipper in it.

To try to help you out, I search " metal detector clubs forums Taylor Michigan " on the net, but I never found any clubs around you. Then I thought there might be a store close to you so I went to garrett.com to find a store near you where you might be able to get your hands on one before buying it. Taylor MI. zip is 48180 right? I search and found this info at Garrett's site. Looks likes there is several dealers within 30 miles of you.

Nankin Hardware & Hobby
35101 Ford Road
Westland, MI - 48185
Tel: 734-722-5700
Distance: 10 miles

Abel Electronics
27201 Harper Ave.
St. Clair Shores, MI - 48081
Tel: 586-777-8232
Distance: 26 miles

Larry's Performance RC's
42246 Mound Rd.