Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 vs GTP 1350

tadam84

Alright, so I have narrowed my detector search to the Ace 250 and the GTP 1350. I was wondering how these detectors compare to each other. More in the way of performance, instead of specifications. I almost bought the 1350 tonight, but decided to ask this question before I spent the money. Thanks to all in advance...
Tadam84 HH

I can only speak for the Ace.
It has depth of up to 8" if ground is good.
It works great. If you are not sure about detecting.
And do not know if/ how long you will be doing it.
I'd get the Ace. The coils are cheaper. They make A bigger and Smaller
Than stock Coil.

If you are a relic/ Beach hunter. And are really into detecting.
Id get the 1350, it has imaging display. Good for relics.

John E. will let you know all you need to know, I think he owns both. And is highly respected on this form.

I agree on all points of the above post. I have both a 1350 and an ACE 250. I like both and John E. recommended both. I bought the 250 for my Grandchildren; however I use it more than they do.
John D>

I have to agree with CountryKid, get the 250 and swing it for awhile, and then spring for the 1350 a little later on. The 250 is such a hot little machine for the money that you can't go wrong and there is hardly any learning curve. Just read the little manual, plug in some headphones, turn it on and get out there and start finding stuff. Both are great machines but the 250 is by far the easiest to get up and finding stuff right away. A man can never have too many Garretts!!

I would go for the 250 then move up to the 1350 later if you choose. The 250 is such a great little machine that you may not want to move up. The 250 is easier to learn and easier to use and there isn't that much difference in depth

Bill