Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 300

Dan M.

I started detecting a year ago using the Ace 300 and found the normal stuff like coins, bullet casings, cheap ring, etc. I also have a Gordon High Precision from Harbor Freight that seems to find more coins than the ace. Should I upgrade, or keep learning the ace 300 or??? Thanks

Upgrade. Look at >$200. Shop used if you want to save $. Garrett’s are over priced imo. Look at Nokta, ML vanquishes, Quest, Fisher - sometimes they offer huge savings on feebay directly from them “FirstTexasProducts”

Last edited:
Upgrade. Look at >$200. Shop used if you want to save $. Garrett’s are over priced imo. Look at Nokta, ML vanquishes, Quest, Fisher - sometimes they offer huge savings on feebay directly from them “FirstTexasProducts”
Thanks, I have actually been looking at the Minelab detectors. The Equinox 800 to be specific. I don't want to inch my way up, I have 3 detectors already, 2 Garretts and Gordon from Harbor Freight that performs as good or better than the Garretts. Any thoughts on the Equinox?

Thanks for the info but I got outbid and didn't get the Legend but that's my choice for my next purchase. On another note, which coil is better for trashy soil, 10 X 7 or 9 X 6 1/2? Or are they too close in size to notice a difference?