Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 350 or 250

coin hunter

I had mentioned to my son that Garrett came out with a new detector. I showed him the picture of the 350. I asked him , have you any interest in the 350 and keeping your 250 as back up. He said no and of coarse I said why. He pointed out that the display screen on the 350 combines 10 cent and 25 cent into one and 50 cent and 1 dollar into one. On the 250,s they are all separate denomination. You know he's right, can't say I like that feature either. Still like Garrett machine overall.

This is my first post. Just bought our first metal detector. Garrett 250. My wife loves hunting around for rocks, etc in parks and beaches in Ohio and Florida so I thought I would buy us a detector. Never did this before. I collect gold coins and old paper money. So I am all for trying to find anything just for the fun of it. However, in the large Cleveland Metro Parks that ring the city from Lake Erie to almost Akron, we are allowed to surface metal detect only. I even have a permit for it. But we can dig on the beach along Lake Erie owned by the park. Just wondered if those of you ever find any coins just a hair under the ground level. Something that you could dig out with your hand. I suppose the park would be a good place to start. Right?

Will be going to Vero Beach in December. We can dig down there. And we go when there are literally no people there for miles. I guess we first have to learn how to use this machine.

Around here there are parking areas for people to ride ORV's on the trails and we find a ton of coins there on or just in the surface. The parking areas are heavy gravel with clay, so you can't really dig without a jackhammer, so we get all the surface stuff. I know I've gotten over 200 coins from one small lot alone.

John

HI I have dug IHs at 3/4 to 1" at some places and 8" at others. You just don,t know about some coins,why are they almost on top of the ground and others so deep. Old coins in places that don,t get alot of rain,alot of foot traffic. Sometimes even freezing ground will bring coins up. just hunt and have fun,and if you get to a place you can dig,go at it.You will still find alot of new drop coins,you can pay for your detector sometimes in a short time. Good Luck Dean

I dig them all anyways, so I don't care if they're combined :thumbup: I've owned a 250 for 3-4 years, and looking forward to owning a 350.

Smitty