Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 350 Salt Beach Question

Tarot

Here is a question for the testers and new owners of the Ace 350, who have been on the ocean beaches.

Do you find that the new 8.5 x 11 DD coil performs better on the wet sand, compared to the original 250 with the 9 x 6 concentric coil. I own an ace 250, and am considering getting the new coil when they are available. I realize that the single frequency of these machines will limit their ability on wet sand, but wondered if the new coil offered an advantage.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

DD coils were designed specifically to cut through mineralization and salt is a mineral so the DD will perform better than a concentric.

Bill.

Thanks Bill for your reply on the new DD coil.

Has anyone tried the 350/250 with the new DD coil on the ocean beach yet?

Regards Tarot (Bob)

BigCatDaddy said:
Not yet, but I'll be heading to Galveston on the 21st and will give it a try then!!

Thanks BCD, I'm looking forward to your report. Good luck in Galveston, lets hope you find some of those elusive gold rings!!

Regards Tarot (Bob)

Bob.
Even though it's got a DD coil on it, it still doesn't have a ground balance feature. I expect that it will be have pretty much like the 250 on the wet sand. I have successfully operated the 250 in that environment simply by dropping the sensitivity to 5 bars and knocking out the bottom 3 notches. You'll have to experiment with the 350 by progressively knocking out 1 notch at a time, starting from the lowest notch. Start by knocking out the lowest 5, and I think it would be about right. It seems that the falsing must occur only in these lower parts of the scale. If I'm right, I'd expect that it will still false when you have waves crashing over the coil.
Have fun with it.
Mick Evans.