Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 350 with a larger coil?

Want to hear from the ones who have tried this. Put an oversized coil on your ace 350. Like the Nel or Mars or something similar. I would like to hear from anyone who has put a larger coil on any Garrett ace line. I really like my ace 350 but would like to try a larger coil and go back over some old places. Thanks

I often switched to the 9" x 12" Garrett concentric coil. It gave me improved depth and still maintained great sensitivity to tiny targets. The sniper coil was a killer in tot lots. Hopefully someone else will chime in on using those after market coils.

I have looked at the coil you mentioned. I would like to hear from someone who has tried it already. The after market coils. I know someone has tried it already. Maybe they will chime in. I really like the 350. Nice little detector. Hardly ever falses, even at max sensitivity.

So, which brand coil did you buy and what size? How does it perform in air tests? Were you using the 8.5"X11" DD coil as standard?