Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ACE 350 ::yikes:

roceda

Wow. The AT Pro is just about taking up all the space on the forum lately. So I thought I would give a little space to the ACE 350. Went to a city park in an adjacent town today. Found the usual clad, some game tokens and a "head scratcher". A dime with a pull tab folded over it. I had moved from the tot lots where I started hunting and went to a picnic area. There where a few million square tabs lying about, so I set the ACE to coins and notched out nickles. Wasn't worried about missing any gold today. Thing were going smoothly with no interference from the pesky tabs when I got a strange signal tone and a jumpy reading. The sound would give a buzz like a tab and then a bell tone. The indicator would show one notch before a penny, and then jump to a dime. Well I'm just learning on the 350, so I decided to take a look see. What do you know, that rascal 350 was right on. I thought I was going to miss my 250, that I mistakenly sold on the spur of the moment, but things are looking up with the 350. Little pile today: 10 quarters, 15 dimes, 3 nickles, 36 pennies, some game tokens, and almost 0 trash.

Hi Roceda

Great report and some good finds with your new Ace 350. Do you think you were digging any deeper targets with the Ace 350, when compared to your previous Ace 250. Also did the Ace 350 DD coil allow you to use a higher sensitivity, when compared to your Ace 250 with the concentric coil.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

Tarot said:
Hi Roceda

Great report and some good finds with your new Ace 350. Do you think you were digging any deeper targets with the Ace 350, when compared to your previous Ace 250. Also did the Ace 350 DD coil allow you to use a higher sensitivity, when compared to your Ace 250 with the concentric coil.

Regards Tarot (Bob)
Well Bob, I have run the sensitivity up to seven bars and it worked fine.Really didn't experiment much with the sensitivity. Just figured the higher the sensitivity, the more falsing I would get from any mineralization in the soil. I usually hunt about five or six bars. That's is about what I was doing on the 250. The park I went to today, I hunted a few months ago with the 250, and I believe I was getting a little more depth, but that could be that I didn't run the 250 over anything equivalent.Nothing was more than six inches today. Most of the finds were about as deep as I experienced with the 250. I think the pinpointing is a lot easier with the 350. Just drag the coil back until the signal drops out, and most of the time it is under the ACE logo on the coil.