Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 350 ?

ezdiggen

I'm new to metal detecting and have been using my new Ace 350 for the last three weeks.
I have been using it in public parks and school yards. I get a lot of signals from my Ace 350.
I set sensitivity to 3 or 4 and discriminate all but coins. (no nickels) I listen for the bell tone.
Frequently I hear a good signal that indicates up to 6 inches deep. I'll go over the spot again
and hear nothing. I only dig repeatable bell tones. I try to get signals to repeat by walking in
a circle around the target spot. If I watch the display I see indications that the original bell
tone is now registering as something that I have discriminated out. Do any of you experienced
Ace users have any idea why one pass over a target will register a bell tone and the next pass will
show pull tab. I guess I could understand it better if it was only one notch of discrimination
difference but I'm seeing three or four notches of discrimination difference. I do dig a lot of twist off
bottle caps.

I'm as anxious as the rest of you to see the AT Pro. The Ace 350 may become a backup machine.

More often than not, it means trash if the ID is bouncing around.
But it's not always trash if you are also going for relics or whatever.
Iron with rust is notorious for that. The iron hits low, but the rust hits
high, as the rust is more conductive than the iron. Nails and bottlecaps
are bad about that. But other stuff like Hot Wheels cars, relics, etc
can do that too. So I usually dig about everything unless it's obvious trash.
IE: you are next to a house that was once reshingled and roofing nails
litter the ground going around the house. After a few of those, you start
to tell what is a nail and what is not.
Coins rarely bounce around as far as ID. They are pretty stable.

Try pinpointing the target, stomp the sod with your heel, and re-scan. When in doubt.....dig.

Smitty

When you get a target like that do the "twitch" over it and it will often change into a good signal. It can be a coin on edge, badly corroded, or even tarnished heavily, or masked by a piece of junk. All will effect the signal. Detectors are not 100% accurate at ID'ing, they just register probabilities.

Bill