Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 400 falsing

I have an Ace 400 which I bought for a back-up. I have only used it for 10-15 hours and have been pretty frustrated with it. It falses a lot. I will get a signal, swing over the target again and no signal. This happens very frequently. Does this sound normal for the 400 or this a problem other users have had? Is it possible I am expecting too much after using the Pro for several years?

I have an Ace 400 which I bought for a back-up. I have only used it for 10-15 hours and have been pretty frustrated with it. It falses a lot. I will get a signal, swing over the target again and no signal. This happens very frequently. Does this sound normal for the 400 or this a problem other users have had? Is it possible I am expecting too much after using the Pro for several years?
Interesting and following, My 400 also does that a lot and not sure why although I've seen other posts mentioning it. It seems that some people feel that a lack of ground balancing might be the issue. Will follow.

Did you try moving the cable at the coil and at the control housing? On my second apex and it does the same thing. My dad also has one tht does the same. Garrett is sending a wave washer as a fix

Did you try moving the cable at the coil and at the control housing? On my second apex and it does the same thing. My dad also has one tht does the same. Garrett is sending a wave washer as a fix
The cable at the coil is very secure and at the box it is as tight as it can be.

Interesting and following, My 400 also does that a lot and not sure why although I've seen other posts mentioning it. It seems that some people feel that a lack of ground balancing might be the issue. Will follow.
It’s good to know I’m not alone. I’ve heard very good things about the 400 but that hasn’t been my experience so far. I may try reducing the sensitivity.

mine does this a lot also, what is this "wave washer" thing ?
Just got a wave washer from garrett and will try it tomorrow to see if it makes a difference. On an apex

Yes cherringtonsm, my Apex does the falsing thing too. On the beach I will get a good initial audio/visual signal then go back over the area and nothing, Very frustrating. I have turned down the sensitivity and that has eliminated falsing from ground bumps and waves going over the coil. I have only been out with it a few times, so the jury is still out. Used the Apex at a trashy park and was able to pick out the coins amongst the trash. Was really impressed with the performance Inland. Not so much on the beach. Anyone have some suggestions running the Apex more efficiently on the beach?