Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 400 TID

Miser67

One gripe I always had about the Ace 250 was that the TID was wrong about 60% of the time (for example, a "dime" reading wasn't a dime or a bronze cent).

Has the Ace 400 improved on the TID accuracy?

The ACE 250 is tuned to pick up various individualized targets under ideal conditionsi n a lab setting. Because it is a fixed ground balance, changes in the soil such as minerals, salt and other nearby trash will tend to read some targets away from where they would normally read on the face of the detector. Other factors, such as oxidation on the surface of a target will also change the conductivity of that target. Your detector is working fine. What you have to do, is be aware of these factors, and learn your detector well so as to be able to compensate for these changes. Once you really learn to use your detector, you will be able to guess with with good accuracy whether there is a good target under the coil or junk. And if you are not sure, did it anyways.

Miser67 said:
One gripe I always had about the Ace 250 was that the TID was wrong about 60% of the time (for example, a "dime" reading wasn't a dime or a bronze cent).

Has the Ace 400 improved on the TID accuracy?
Strange. I was so highly impressed with the accuracy of my Ace, I never felt the need for numerical ID. I always knew the copper penny would register as a dime as opposed to a zincer and large metallic trash fell in the dime category many times- which was my automatic cue to lift the coil and recheck on strong signals. I also felt they placed the nickel category in a suitable window and was the reason for finding some gold rings in the high disc coins mode. I was most impressed with the relics mode, which placed a large nail in enough of a window to give a low tone iron grunt and was the factor in my finding a gold bracelet.

Hi Slingshot. I guess that just shows how two people can have the same machine and different experiences. Maybe it is due to the factors John pointed out above.