Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 400

PopeBurford

1st time to actually check out my new 400. After I assembled I took it for a quick test drive in the front yard. 3 targets resulted in 5 coins. Very nice.

So today I decided to really check it out in the back yard. First 3 targets resulted in 2 coins and a ghost. The next target read 78-80 at 6 inches. Set the 400 down and pulled a plug. The pinpointer didn't alarm on the plug or hole so I picked up the 400 to sweep it again. The unit immediately started alarming like crazy. Had to set sensitivity too 2 bars and still getting some false signaling. Holding it 2 to 3 feet off ground and still alarming. Reset to factory was no help. Batteries are good and connections are tight.

Anyone have any ideas... I'm stumped.

First guess would be a big chunk of flat-iron with a rusty halo.

I'm assuming the odd signal is only over this mystery target?

My guess is that you have some underground cables or overhead lines causing EMI interference. Just move to a different area. :)

Really strange. I double checked for EMI. The problem was everywhere I took the unit (back yard, front yard and down the street). I contacted Garrett and they walked me through possible solutions (I had already tried them all). They offered to send an RMA authorization or I could bring it in (they are 45 miles from my house). Since it was Friday afternoon I elected to drive over on Monday. Monday morning I was packing everything up and decided to double check the unit.... of course its behaving itself now..????? Took it back to where the problem 1st started and could not get it to repeat itself. Don't know if I need to be thankful or stressed that it may re-occur when I'm out in the boonies dirt fishing.