Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace"d GUN & GOLD :cam:

trueblue

spent the day hunting a pioneer camp using the Ace 250 along with my wife armed with her Eldorado Umax

Had some unexpected finds , the Ace rang like a phone over the Martini Henry action knowing it was large iron I dug it as I always digg large iron an have a few nice Axe heads and padlocks from doing so , at first I though it was a pick or such but within about 30 seconds I realized what it was heres a pic of the action along with a pic of a Martini Henry rifle

v40477.jpg

rad93a.jpg

my next find was a gold ring as pictured as it appeared after turning the plug over gave a nice solid tab ID on the 250

okbr4p.jpg

16ln4g9.jpg

wife bagged these coins with her Eldorado two date late 1800's but have'nt cleaned em all as yet to check the dates

97piya.jpg

found this dress pin ? its a sword running through a half moon with a star in the center

x42m1s.jpg

total combined finds for the day

2urt2fc.jpg

Had a great day didnt run into any snakes or funnell webs touch wood

olkly.jpg

"HH"
:cheers:
trueblue

Nice finds. I was just in Nevada and my son-in-law showed me those funnel webs. Are thos spiers real bad?

Awesome hunt!!!:thumbup:

Lots of nice old relic finds..
Can you explain funnel webs for being spiders .Are they a dangerous type :unsure:?

Very nice stuff. Makes it all worth it, dont it?

thanks guys , as for funnel web spiders they are dangerous depending on the species of funnel web bites can be fatal if untreated , the wife had a near miss a few weeks back , not wearing her gloves at the time :shrug: she had'em with her but had takin them off , she had a digger so she brush'd the canopy of dead leaves aside then turned a small flat rock the size of a palm using her bare hand to uncover a funnel web spider in attack stance at the entrance of its burrow , she was lucky not to be bitten :inlove:

9h858y.jpg

Thanking you for the info on that spider..We don't have that problem up here.
Good thing your wife didn't get bitten..You don't need that problem..Be careful out there.:yikes:

Very nice hunt:beers:

Congrats on the great finds!!!!:beers:

that's an absolutely awesome hunt Trueblue :ausflag: congrats on the ring & the gun is a cool relic :thumbup: half moon-star the pin may be from Turkey maybe ww1 ???? looks like you"v got a good spot.
how are you finding the ace compered to the u-max ????? i had a eldorado mark 1 in NZ it was good on sports grounds & chasing gold in the rivers but no good at the beach.
happy hunting
lazyaussie

yeah a couple of gold sovereign's would be nice , Lazyaussie , I think ya right about the dresspin being from turkey thanks for the tip ,

yeah its a good spot nice an secluded , its a realitives property been in the family for over 60 years never been hunted to there knowledge , wish I could get up there more often but being on the NSW border and the price of fuel its only a once a month trip .

I find the Ace a pleasure to use and enjoy having the TID at hand and its pretty reliable to a point , the Silvers a good detector but for me personaly I prefer the ACE

trueblue said:
thanks guys , as for funnel web spiders they are dangerous depending on the species of funnel web bites can be fatal if untreated , the wife had a near miss a few weeks back , not wearing her gloves at the time :shrug: she had'em with her but had takin them off , she had a digger so she brush'd the canopy of dead leaves aside then turned a small flat rock the size of a palm using her bare hand to uncover a funnel web spider in attack stance at the entrance of its burrow , she was lucky not to be bitten :inlove:

9h858y.jpg
I didn't realize you were an Aussie. I saw those spiders on TV before. They are evil.

I think we have a version of that bugger over here, then of course we have the brown recluse or "fiddleback" which is real nasty.

Bill