Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ACE??

Bugar In. USA

Was thinking about replacing my old Scorpion with a new Ace, probably a 250, but don’t see much feedback on them, are they now too old also, or am I just looking in the wrong places.
Bugar

Was thinking about replacing my old Scorpion with a new Ace, probably a 250, but don’t see much feedback on them, are they now too old also, or am I just looking in the wrong places.
Bugar
The Scorpion Gold Stinger lacks visual Target ID and audible Tone ID, but when in comes to performance, I would say the Ace 250 would be a big step backwards.

You didn't mention the types of hunting you do or typical trash you would deal with, but I think you'll need a better model than the Ace 250. If you want visual and audio read-out, and Ground Balance, I think the best move would be to the Apex. I know mine are working quite well for me, and my main-use unit wears the 'Ripper' DD coil.

It is never a good idea to downgrade what your are using, and I think going to an Ace 250 would be just that.

Monte

The Scorpion Gold Stinger lacks visual Target ID and audible Tone ID, but when in comes to performance, I would say the Ace 250 would be a big step backwards.

You didn't mention the types of hunting you do or typical trash you would deal with, but I think you'll need a better model than the Ace 250. If you want visual and audio read-out, and Ground Balance, I think the best move would be to the Apex. I know mine are working quite well for me, and my main-use unit wears the 'Ripper' DD coil.

It is never a good idea to downgrade what your are using, and I think going to an Ace 250 would be just that.

Monte
Hey. Monte, thanks, nawwww, my old Scorpion just works fine, I been using it for bout 14 years now, just thought might get a newer one to replace it, it works fine, just thought would modernize, got it and a Tesoro Vaq , like both and they work well, thanks.
Bugar

Hey. Monte, thanks, nawwww, my old Scorpion just works fine, I been using it for bout 14 years now, just thought might get a newer one to replace it, it works fine, just thought would modernize, got it and a Tesoro Vaq , like both and they work well, thanks.
Bugar
Bugar,

I haven't had the Scorpion for a while now, but when I did it worked fine. Main problem was lack of search coils for it I wanted.

I have my two favorite Tesoro models, and for where I want and need them, they also work just fine. I keep a 6" Concentric on each as that's all I need where I grab them.

Nothing wrong with the idea of stepping up to a newer and different detector, but I would do just that ... step up and not backwards with an entry-level, beginners model. I have owned maybe four of the Ace 250's and checked them out and got them into the hands of some of my middle-aged and younger kids ... when they were mid-aged and younger in that 25 to 30 year old range. They were not all that enthusiastic about the hobby and only wanted to try it and couldn't afford much. I knew they wouldn't last long, and they didn't, but one did last long enough to learn it was a wimpy unit and they went to as newer better detector ... for several months. They preferred fishing since they didn't find much in the dinky town they lived in.

It's a nice fall day and my Tesoro is in the vehicle, so I'll just grab my Garrett Apex w/Ripper coil and head out hunting for a while. A very decent detector to consider.

Monte

Bugar,

I haven't had the Scorpion for a while now, but when I did it worked fine. Main problem was lack of search coils for it I wanted.

I have my two favorite Tesoro models, and for where I want and need them, they also work just fine. I keep a 6" Concentric on each as that's all I need where I grab them.

Nothing wrong with the idea of stepping up to a newer and different detector, but I would do just that ... step up and not backwards with an entry-level, beginners model. I have owned maybe four of the Ace 250's and checked them out and got them into the hands of some of my middle-aged and younger kids ... when they were mid-aged and younger in that 25 to 30 year old range. They were not all that enthusiastic about the hobby and only wanted to try it and couldn't afford much. I knew they wouldn't last long, and they didn't, but one did last long enough to learn it was a wimpy unit and they went to as newer better detector ... for several months. They preferred fishing since they didn't find much in the dinky town they lived in.

It's a nice fall day and my Tesoro is in the vehicle, so I'll just grab my Garrett Apex w/Ripper coil and head out hunting for a while. A very decent detector to consider.

Yeah, well I don’t do much detecting anymore, but still get out some, been looking around some, kinda like those red minelabs, but the old Garrett still works so good, I use the small coil most of the time for where I detect, old trash rivers, parks stuff like that, not many lost rings and stuff around here anymore, but still get out from time to time, not much out there like there was in the 50’s and 60’s, but still fun, will probably just keep on keepin on.
good to hear from you.
Bugar
Beautiful day, think I’ll get out