Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ace250 =GOLD

thsfineday

Had about an hour last night to myself so I thought I would hit a local tot lot. Packed up the ace and headed on out. Arrived at the lot only to see fresh dig marks in the bark chips. Didn't have time to drive around looking for another spot so I thought I would see if they left anything behind. After about 10 minutes I found a nickle which tells me that they either missed it or they had their discrimination to high.A few swings latter another bing comes through my headphones. Looking at the screen I see nickle. I moved about an inch of chips and there lies GOLD. Have to say I Love my ACE, wish I had bought one sooner

Congrats !! Nice ring ..

Some people only hunt the dime and quarter signals. Very nice of them to leave the good stuff for the rest of us.:clapping:

Alright!:super:WTG!:thumbup:Congrats on the gold!:clapping:That Ace 250 is a RING magnet!:detecting:

WTG man....Nice find...Just like mushroom hunting or bass fishin, go right behind someone and get their misses.

I still am waitng on my first good ring find, all I got so far is junk kids rings....I always dig when the signal stay right on 5cents, but so far its been only nickels.

So OP, on that ring was that a solid nickle reading, or was it off to either side of 5cent but solid, or bouncing back and forth...If it bounces back and forth, from what I have read in here its not a ring...So far from what I have read, Good Rings are usually solid reading. Is that right or ???? I also have read that the good rings are solid signals staying between penny and tab segment...I don't know, only asking

Gold rings, depending on size, shape, weight, and composition, read all over the place but usually down around foil as gold and foil have nearly the same conductivity. I found a silver ring today that bounced bewteen half and dollar.

Bill

Nice find UW, only silver colored rings I find are the ones from popcans..hehehe..... I only get a few signals up in that area, half/dollar. And they usually are bouncing back and forth from there to iron. So I figure its big rusted iron and pass it up. I read somewhere that rusty iron will bounce back and forth from iron to Q/H/$1

So most of the signals I been getting that bounce between cent and tab I should dig. Or at least dig more than a few. Even if they are bouncing? I thought ring signals mostly where solid and didn't bounce allot. I know at the parks/playgrounds I pass up allot of signals that bounce between tab and 1st seg to the right, and cent and 1st seg to the left. Now at the beach I dig most of those signals.

Last question. In jewelry mode at the beach, should a person dig most of any signals in that mode? I normally pass all signals that don't at least bounce from coins to another segment. If its not bounceing off at least one coin segment I don't dig. Is that a bad plan? No beach rings so far may also be because its a small lake with small 100 yd beach.

Ohwell, better get some Zzzzz if I plan on getting up and MDing tomorrow mourn.

That's one fine ring! The first 10 plus years I detected I ran with high disc. Who knows what I left behind? Great job!

I had 2 days off left over vacation time that I spent detecting some local spots this past weekend that I have not tried yet. Did find some cald and a few odds and ends nothing fantastic but I will post the one I need help on later after I get a photo taken. Back to the posting...I followed another detectorist's "moonscape" as well this weekend and this individual left alot (the clads) behind. But almost every hole had something still in it! It was amazing.

And I too could not remember what gold rings showed up on the ID. I remembered something I read on here that most were finding gold on either side of the 5cent mark but wasn't sure I remebered it right. So...I dug everything...all pop top lids...I am going to have to write down a "cheat sheet" card to bring along for "those moments". Silver I seem to have no problem with however I sure would like to find my first gold!

So don't feel alone musky8it. Our day will come!

I visited a salt water beach park as well this weekend but could not detect it (after hours for detectorist) I spoke with the park personnel and she told me a gold coin was recently found on the south end! I am drolling. I have done some research on this island prior and it has coughed up some silver coins after storms on the nw side so something is there either off shore or on the island itself.

Don