Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adding a Simplex to my detecting tools

Jeff in Pa

I have been reading and watching a few videos on the Simplex. It looks like a real nice machine and so I will have one on Monday.
I already have the Anfibio multi with 3 coils and the Wander. I really like the Wander. I also have the Nox 800 and the Explorer se that I have chest mounted. Love using that now that it's not so heavy.
The Anfibio is my favorite of them.
The Simplex looks like a fun detector to use.
I am excited and once the snow is melted enough I will be out testing it.
I have been reading thru the comments here and I believe I will update to 2.78 if it's not there already.
I keep reading comments about "other coils" but I only see the 2 from Nokta besides the stock.
I also see across the pond they have the 13" Ultimate from Detech. Man I put alot of Etrac hours on several of them.

Are there any other coils available yet?

Thank you for any replies

WELCOME to the fold. I think you made a smart choice and will enjoy this machine for some time. As far as extra coils goes I haven't heard of anymore out yet.

Nel is coming out with some coils very soon . They will be much lighter. The 5x10 that nel makes is 12 oz the one nokta makes is 17oz also the superfly nel coil is 12x11 and is 14oz compared to almost 20oz for the stock 11" so I'm gonna wait and see if these come out soon. If not all in will buy is the nokta 5x10 or 5x9.5 whichever size it is.

I have been reading and watching a few videos on the Simplex. It looks like a real nice machine and so I will have one on Monday.
I already have the Anfibio multi with 3 coils and the Wander. I really like the Wander. I also have the Nox 800 and the Explorer se that I have chest mounted. Love using that now that it's not so heavy.
The Anfibio is my favorite of them.
The Simplex looks like a fun detector to use.
I am excited and once the snow is melted enough I will be out testing it.
I have been reading thru the comments here and I believe I will update to 2.78 if it's not there already.
I keep reading comments about "other coils" but I only see the 2 from Nokta besides the stock.
I also see across the pond they have the 13" Ultimate from Detech. Man I put alot of Etrac hours on several of them.

Are there any other coils available yet?

Thank you for any replies
The Simplex + is a very good unit. I enjoy mine. I would suggest the 2.77 update and NOT the 2.78 as it is more of a downgrade to the 2.77.

NEL was going to have coils out for Nokta / Makro units in December or January. They are not out yet and there might be an issue with them for the Simplex + .... according to Dilek at Nokta / Makro.

The two N / M Accessory coils include a 5X9½ DD open-frame coil and that's what I keep mounted on my Simplex + full-time. I have a bad back and several other health issues that hamper my mobility, and I don't find their 5X9½ to be any problem or cause fatigue. Besides, it works great!

Monte

The Simplex + is a very good unit. I enjoy mine. I would suggest the 2.77 update and NOT the 2.78 as it is more of a downgrade to the 2.77.

NEL was going to have coils out for Nokta / Makro units in December or January. They are not out yet and there might be an issue with them for the Simplex + .... according to Dilek at Nokta / Makro.

The two N / M Accessory coils include a 5X9½ DD open-frame coil and that's what I keep mounted on my Simplex + full-time. I have a bad back and several other health issues that hamper my mobility, and I don't find their 5X9½ to be any problem or cause fatigue. Besides, it works great!

Monte
Thank you Monte for you opinion. I have been thinking no matter what after I get a few hunts in I will be trying out the other version.
If I like the Simplex enough I figure I will be getting that coil.
I have that same coil size from NEL that I use on my Anfibio and it's much better to use than my stock coil. The signals are so precise and tight it's just hands down a top of the line coil.

The simplex is a great addition and I think you will be happy with the depth and separation you get with it. The tones can be a little harsh on the ears in trashy areas IMO though.
According to Nokta, the only difference between the 2.77 & 2.78 is the way the machine processes the targets ID numbers.
Some Simplex owners complained that the 2.77 was a little erratic on ID'ing deeper targets so Nokta released the 2.78 firmware to correct this. The detection depth and all other features are exactly the same.
You're machine will probably come with 2.78 - I've used them both extensively and I prefer the 2.78 however the machine works fine with either firmware.

I can never read Monte's posts as the words and background are almost the same color and makes it impossible for me to read it.
Click the little half moon crescent at the top of the page 👍
I took my 2.78 through the test garden again. I was getting all the targets in park1 stock coil. Good reports on 8” silver dime, 10” silver quarter, and 12” mini ball. No problem on 9” eagle vest size button and 9” wheat penny.

Park2 will get the 8” dime, the 9” wheat, and the 9” button with a sweet faint tone.

I don't have a half moon symbol. I use a cell phone for everything so maybe that's the reason. Those are impressive results for the simplex in your garden.
9D5CA7DF-5B7F-432F-891D-29C9A519FA1F.jpeg

I think you will like the Simplex !! I use it as my primary machine and have been very happy with the performance. Mine came with 2.78 and I prefer it because it seems more stable. I tried 2.77 on the 8=9 inch buried dime in my yard and I did not get in better results either audibly or visibly with 2.77. Both versions have good tone and a jumpy ID however 2.78 actually gave more true target ID's than 2.77. I certainly am not going say that your results would be the same but in my dirt that was the results I got. It is easy enough to try both versions and I believe it is more of a personal preference than a performance issue.