Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adding another water machine, Whites BHID or Tiger Shark?

Habanero

I'm using an excal 2 right now for 99% freshwater hunting but wanting to add another. I'm looking at either a Whites Beach Hunter or a Tesoro Tiger Shark. Lets pretend price is the same to toss out that factor. Which would you use and why when comparing the two for freshwater hunting. I'm aware of possible coil floating issues on the Whites but also like it for tones/lights and use in wet sand/salt environment for my coastal trips twice a year. I've used a Tiger Shark in the past; was a little difficult to balance in the water and would get a bit chirpy(probably due to balancing issues). It was a great machine but the monotone left me wishing for a little more input. Opinions from users appreciated, thanks!

I don't see why you would buy either of those if you already have an excal. They can't do anything the excal can't. But, if you insist, I would vote the BHID. Good luck and HH

Grilled Scallops said:
I don't see why you would buy either of those if you already have an excal. They can't do anything the excal can't. But, if you insist, I would vote the BHID. Good luck and HH

If there is one thing I've learned about water detecting then it's that your equipment will break down to leave you on the sideline unless you have a back up machine. Thanks for the advice.

Habanero said:
Grilled Scallops said:

If there is one thing I've learned about water detecting then it's that your equipment will break down to leave you on the sideline unless you have a back up machine. Thanks for the advice.
I'd back it up with another Excalibur.

Daddy said:
Habanero said:
Grilled Scallops said:

I'd back it up with another Excalibur.

Yea I hear ya, I'm just not wanting to spend that much more money on a back up and I'm not yet convinced the excal is the cat's meow so I'm looking to broaden my horizons. I'll likely go with the Whites though.

the disc on the tigershark is way better than the super slow nulling of the excal, that is the major downside of the excal, the tigershark is way better in iron trash

bhid :detecting:

For fresh water / dry salt sand, mud hunting. I'd seriously hunt a little with the At Pro. Great target info and separation. $600.