Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adding some coils to my F75 selection.

Mike Hillis

I bought one of the new 4" concentric coils for my Omega and I put it on the F75LTD for grins and it worked great. In fact it performed just as well in air on the F75 as it did on the Omega. Just bench testing. I don't know if it will ground cancel yet but I was happy to see it working in air. 8" nickel reading, 7" quarter and 6" dime signal. At 0 sens and BP mode it was a solid 6" coil. I'm quite pleased with the bonus fit. That small of a coil I probably won't even need to ground balance it.

I also bought a 10" elliptical concentric for my F75LTD. I like the concentrics better for the really small jewelry items in turf. 0 sens settings are still pretty hot for small target turf hunting. So if the 4" stays workable in the actual ground I'll have three concentric coils to pick from, the 4", the 3"x6" and the 10" elliptical. I often use the 11" Triangulated F44 coil on the F75 in some places where I want a concentric coil with additional ground coverage but the 11" Triangulated coil has a very fixed cutoff when mounted on the F75. Basically an on and off coil. But it works as a good quarter sweeper.

I also picked up a 12x13 NEL Tornado for my Omega & G2+ but I haven't got to try it out yet so I don't know what it will do.

Coil news for today.

HH
Mike

and takes more work to pinpoint with....like to never got the clevis to go in.
(and that plastic rod now has a little wobble in it too)

Mike

I use the 6" football shaped concentric a lot on the F75 for iron hunting. It's amazing the tiny targets it will see around iron. Even picked up a couple coins (IH and V nickel) behind a Tesoro LST 6" concentric combo. I run it hot all the time but will try lower sens this spring after the snow melts.

My favorite bigger than stock coils are the Mars line.

Tom

Them making loops for Xterras for examples with 2 frequencies to opt for cuts down on expense, and time (from changing loops to alter frequency.)
Wish some makers would also produce large concentrics. :smoke: