Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adopted Again...We're back to being a 4 dog family.

sandtrout

I was walking for my "morning" walk and this guy had these 3 pups (2 months old I think) and was taking them to the pound so they became members 2, 3, and 4 of our family. They seem to be adapting quite nicely but our 1st rescue is still reserved, We're a full family again.

Too cute. That's the way to be a hero, I'm sure the puppies will appreciate you for many years to come. Really they're only equivalent to the size of one dog anyway. Congratulations on your new family.

Good for you and them, they are some cute little rascals.

I hate to think about all the dogs and cats who aren't so lucky.

It breaks my heart.

unconditional love triple. They are very cute, and many thanks to you and people like you for caring. I just can"t understand people allowing pets to breed and doing that-taking to the pound!
People really need to take responsibility to have their pet spayed and neutered. If I may add to anyone----Please adopt from the pound and don't buy, one more life saved. Thanks

jimzilla said:
What kind of dogs are they?

half chihuahua and half terrier. I'm lucky to have a fair sized back yard. I take them out right after eating and other times several (maybe 6) times a day for bathroom use and to run off all the energy (piss and vinegar) they seem to have.

What a bunch of cuties! You were meant to save those wonderful animals.
thanks for sharing - Jim

Sandtrout, you are my hero. I once had seven of God's gifts, found, abandoned dogs. Loved everyone of them. It is they who gave me so much. I only have one left of that group, she is about 14. I had every one of them "fixed." Only then, did I discover that one was a rather rarish FLAT COATED LAB. I thought that he was a full "American" dog, like the rest of my other dogs, but he was rather special..... in more ways than one.

I agree on having them "fixed,". if there is no real reason to have them reproduce.

I have 11 acres of pasture. The guy who sold me my tractor, had a friend who could no longer keep a 24+ year old former show horse. "Blind Mabel" came here a four weeks ago. I was telling my sister about her, and the woman who works with her said... "Would you like another?" She had given her $4,000 4 year old horse to a guy who used to work in real estate with them. He decided he wanted cattle and that the horse should go. So, a week later, the 4 year old, who was injured in training, got Possums Disease came to my place. I began to think about hay, because we are in a drought here..

On craigslist while I was looking for hay, I ran across an ad from someone in the city who wanted to give their moon blind horse a home. So, now, I have three horses. As long as I live, they won't be going to the slaughter house.

Good for you. It is the seemingly little things which we do for other people and for His animals which I believe our Creator takes note.

Nestor Cerpa, you and sandtrout are both good and decent men with big hearts.

May God bless you both.

I have 3, my oldest is now 9, she was a rescue as a pup, still has issues. Ate a shop rag in the garage when I was working on my bike, got hung up in her, almost died, cost me $4,800 and some change and cost her 14 inches of her intestine. Love her dearly....

This is awesome! My wife and I have 3 rescues, and you feel a bond with people who share the same passion for helping animals in need.
God Bless

Bless you for your kindness.
"no man sinkest so low that his dog won't love him". That old saying should make every man want to become a real man and you my friend are. Good luck.

Just an update on the 3 dogs I picked up as puppies in a box enroute to the city pound 3 years ago. The seem partial to the chicken from Pollo Loco and the beef bowl form Yoshinoya but...other than that...they're not too spoiled. I'm sitting on their couch, the one with all the blankets (again...not spoiled but can I help it if they're delicate?)

Awesome !!! A good looking crew for sure . Here's our threesome , all from the Peninsula Humane society .Never a dull moment is there ?