Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adventures in Editing & 2nd time out Silver Ring

Bleaver

Well I spent about 2 1/2 hours trying to use the edit feature on the Explorer 2 with the help of the manual and an Andy Sabisch book. Was getting nowhere. Turns out I completely misunderstood what it did. I was finally enlightened on youtube when I watched a Russian explain what to do "IN RUSSIAN". I don't know if that speaks to me or the materials I was going by but what the hell I guess I'm Russian - I here Mom always told me we are Irish and Welsh!

I set up the machine to accept coins and Jewlery, reject foil, pull tabs and crown caps. I wanted to widen the nickle area a little hence to need for the edit feature. I was successful in this.

So I went out for about 45 minutes just before dark to test it. Worked great, just digging by sounds. I found this silver Indian face ring about 7 inches deep.

So far I'm not having any difficulties operating the Explorer.

Nice hunt...and by you "just digging by sounds"...you are learning the machine the right way.:thumbup:

Sound is key to success with the Explorers.:clapping: