Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice for Beach/Water Hunting in State of CT

headhunter

Hello; I was wondering if anybody could suggest some nice legal beach spots for detecting in CT.Any advice or warnings etc. would be appreciated.Are there usually any issues or problems with certain times of the day or lifeguards hassling people using detectors? Thanks

You can hunt any beach in Conn.. Its supposedly law that you are not allowed to detect while people are swimming or using the beach. I detect CT beaches and usually there is no one there but a few joggers but I hunt mainly during the winter anyway. Most of our beaches the sand is moving in now.

Early morning or late day, so you don't bother the beach goers. Do not expect to find much in the way of gold, these are mostly families that go to the beach and they leave their gold at home. Hammonassett Beach, the sand is very soft and stony at low tide and is difficult to dig even with a stainless steel scoop, East Beach and Meigs Point is a little better than West Beach, they have just moved a lot of sand to fill in at West Beach because it washes away during the winter storms. Rocky Neck, is ok but every time a train goes by your detector will go haywire from the electricity. Silver Sands is a long hike to get to and Sherwood Island has a lot of junk in the sand.

Good luck and cover your holes!

Thanks all for the info.Where would one find the law in regards to this type of thing.It would seem to me,there is difficulty in locating any rules easily,and what's to prevent the mis-informed making stuff up as they please if you get stopped? If you can't detect while the beach is in use,it would seem very limited except maybe at 3:00 in the morning.

But it does not say anything about detecting at the beaches. I have gone both morning and evening and have never had a problem. Because our beaches are so crowded, it is just common sense that you do not go during peak use, the lifeguards will watch and hassle you if they feel you are making a nuisance. Besides people can be a real pain in the butt when they see you with a detector especially young children with a million questions. When I go, if there are any kids on the beach, I can be sure they are right behind me looking to see if I find anything.