Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice on a hand held

DirtyBoatGuy

Well I'm retired from the military and Metal Detecting has become my #1 hobby for a year now. I have an Equinox 900 and it has done me so very well both on and in the beach water. I am about to expand my search in the water and get a hooka. I know my 900 will be fine in shallow water, but I don't want to take a chance and would prefer to get one of those small hand-held underwater detectors that is good to 100 feet or more. I'll be hunting 99% in the salt water and was hoping to get some advice as to which small handheld would be good for my needs and has a great reputation. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Why not get a detector that you can use both on land and in deeper water? The Deus II can be used with a shortened rod and the 8 inch coil. Many have videos using it that way... Congrats on your recent retirement... :usaflag::usaa::cheers:

Garrett seahunter mk2 comes with a special diving shaft and is waterproof to 200 feet.Its an extra string to the bow for beach detecting too as its a pi so may give you an advantage over your main detector on some beaches.

A Tesoro Sand Shark is also an option although it will be used since the company no longer exists.
It is a PI detector… waterproof to 200 feet and the shaft can shortened for diving.

Last edited: