Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice on finding a Class ring.

gwhamil

Hey guys. I have been metal detecting with my GTI 1500 for about 10 years. Traded it in on a new AT Pro which arrived today. A friend of mine lost his gold class ring about 15 years ago while building a snowman in the front yard of his house. He has asked me to go over to his parents house on Sunday to look for the ring. I have the standard coil and the 5 x 8 DD coil. Since I have never really hunted for anything specific like this, I am looking for advice on how to proceed. Not sure how trashy the yard will be, but I am guessing it wont be too bad, because the house is only about 40 years old. Which coil do you think I should use? Assuming the ring is still there, how deep do you think it will be? I have been told that they have not bought in any new soil or sod since the ring was lost. I wouldn't think the ring would be very deep after only 15 years. Not sure how far it will sink. How do you recommend that I set up the AT Pro? Standard mode? Pro Mode? Zero desc? Iron Audio, etc. What type of search pattern should I use? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Gary

Pro mode ,Zero Disc and use the stock coil If the house and yard is that new I would say no Iron Audio but you did not state the type of ground you are searching either so that will make a difference dig every hard repeatable signal good Luck in your search

As a side note, All the large & heavy set Rings fall in or around The zinc range, so make sure you dig the Zinc's, good luck on your Recovery

Just tested mine which is white gold and ruby on top cause I was poor at the time LOL came up 52 solid and my wifes which is 14 kt gold came up as 61 she was richer than me LOL