Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice on urban hunt

Daugela

Hey guys I need some advice on a simple upcoming hunt in downtown Phoenix. Anyone who lives in Phoenix knows there's little history here except for the homes in downtown Phoenix that are privately owned. Most places with history in downtown Phoenix is either covered with concrete or asphalt. When a local contractor offered for me to hunt his 1910 circa properties before they're landscaped, I couldn't resist. This pic is from the internet - not that great, but it's 3 homes that are being renovated.

PIC_zpsfdd1f7d0.jpg

I went there today fro about 30 minutes and played around the house on the far right. Nothing but clad and a couple of house keys. I was expecting to find some good stuff. Another problem I had was that it was littered with iron. With the disc at 44, it was bearable but it seemed a lot of the ground was mixed with construction debris like nails, wire, etc. knowing this, how would I approach this hunt. I suspect these properties are virgin ground. But with the recent/on going construction, how would you approach it?

Thanks

Use the 5x8 coil and go low and over the trash.

aj

What aj said. I have the 5x8 on my ATP, I've dug trash and coins out of the same hole multiple times. You have to listen to the sounds rather than watching the screen. Sometimes your not sure, so just dig them anyway. Have fun.

When I hunt in a trashy area, I put it in pro mode and hardly any discrimination. It can drive you crazy with a lot of noise, but a repeatable signal out of all the chaos or a little pip sound will be a good target most of the time. I don't know why, but certain types of foil gives me more trouble on land than it does on water. Go slow and overlap your coil. GL & HH.

Thanks for the advice. I have a Gold though. Also any ideas of where I should focus on? Not sure if a lot would be found on the side of the houses?

If your gold is hitting a lot of iron trash, get the snippet coil that's your best bet. Remember houses from the turn of the century had large yards. Hunt by the drive way, side walks and porches. Phoenix is very hot so people sat under trees all summer, no A/C back in the day. Flower beds next to the house, under clothes lines, and along fence lines are the best. If there is evidence of a garden in the back yard this could be good also. Good luck.

I hunt alot of old houses and trahy areas and I agree with Stevewa use the 5x8 go slow and listen I have found with alot of nails you will get a hit one wy but if u turn18 0 you won't get a signal or it will be broke if u get a signal dig . I got a 36d quarter out of a whole with six square nails I got one 90 blip and that was it good luck and HH