Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice on where to buy

jbnard625

I'm new to detecting and was curious where I should by my first detector from. I'm looking to spend between $200 and $300. Are there many differences between each dealer or is it pretty much a preference thing?

Decide on which detector you want and then shop around for the best deal. Some dealers will tell you about all the "Great" and "Valuable" things that they will give you with the detector and frequently it is mostly cheap junk.

Buy from a Knowledgeable Dealer.... your going to need that Training and Level of Expertise no matter what you purchase.

Local Face to Face has its advantages. If you have nobody near, mail order can save time but make sure there is a limited support from the Dealer. Other areas to purchase are through Clubs, Garage Sales, Pawn Shops,
Forums like this one, Craig's List (be careful though) and of course EBay and Amazon. Again, certain Amazon or Internet Stores don't even touch the merchandise and just have it drop shipped with no instruction or knowledge, then if you Bite, your on your own like so many I've seen on the forums, that need help. Use YELP and On Line Reviews to help with your choice. Our friends at Kellyco, sponsors of this forum, offer a full staff of folks that want to help you make that choice and will offer reasonable support after the sale, but like many dealers, expect you to do some homework by studying the manual.

jbnard625 said:
I'm new to detecting and was curious where I should by my first detector from. I'm looking to spend between $200 and $300. Are there many differences between each dealer or is it pretty much a preference thing?

Hello jbnard625,

Depending on where you live you might be concerned with the soil mineralization which will effect how the detector performs. In your price range you're looking at the Fisher F2 or Ace 250.

I made my purchase from kellycodetectors.com and was very pleased with their service and their staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Here's links on the two mentioned. You can also do a side-by-side comparison on their website as well, very helpful.

Fisher F2

Ace 250

See if you can try before you buy. If there is a club near you ask to see if the members might let yu tag along and try a detector. I have a spare just for that purpose. You will get an earful of advice and that hands on will quickly tell you if MD is for you... Yes its not for some people. Goodluck!

When finally decide what you want to buy, check out everyone who offers it and then check kellyco.com. See the difference...

I ordered my Garrett Ace 250 from Kellyco. I think that they are a good reputable company.

jbnard625, I'm a sales rep with KELLYCO in Winter Springs, FL. You can email me or call me with the info below and I'd be happy to take as much time as needed to help you out.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Chris Brooks

International and Domestic Sales
Kellyco Metal Detectors
1085 Belle Ave.
Winter Springs, FL 32708
U.S. Toll-Free: 1-888-535-5926 Ext. 102
Or 407-699-8700 ext. 102
Cell: 407-484-4708

"There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost... the ship has sailed and only a fool would continue. Truth is... I've always been a fool."