Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice please

Ezer19

Should i sell my G2 because i have an Omega?
My coils: omega stock 10" elliptical, 10x5 DD, 11" DD (Stock G2) 13" DD from NEL (Tornado)

the only reason why i switch sometimes to the g2 is, heavy EMI or i 'm to lazy to change the coils between the devices :wiggle: i have always both devices ready in my car. the omega with the nel 13 and the g2 with the 10x5 dd premounted. generally i prefer the omega, cause i feel i have more depth and better! id's. also i have compared my finds and, what a suprise, i take more lead, 1800 century+ coins and iron relics with me at home, when i use the g2. And my g2 LOVES lead! the omega brings the silver coins and nice brass and copper alloyed things. i wish i had good mixture of both devices. a time my suggestions to me was, sell the brothers and get a etrac after this i wished i hat a t2 ldt. after a wonderful day with 3 old, deep silver coins i fell again in love with my omega and the g2.... i dont know.
sorry for my bad english

Good combination! I prefer the Omega with the smaller NEL Sharpshooter coil and the G2 with the 11 inch stock coil. The 11 inch coil gives the G2 better depth and the smaller Sharpshooter coil gives the Omega better ability to handle EMI without any noticeable loss of depth.

I found this 1919 Canadian 5 cent coin at around 8 inches with the G2 using the 11 inch coil. It's only half as big as a dime. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?80,2046826

tabman

I bet, your omega had also found this little silver coin - even with the 10x5 dd , the same depth and with a tiny iron nail 2 Inches beside ;)