Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice Please

Steve O

Need some help with ordering a Deus2, guys. What is the best set up (Deus2) for a mostly inland old coin hunter? This French equipment is new to me. The wireless is also new to me, all my detectors are wired up. I do get to salt water a couple times a year also but no diving or waist deep salt water. I need help picking the headphones that are available with the Deus2 and any other options you'all thing I should order. I do have a dealer picked out, I'm good there. Thanks!

Thanks guys, I'll get the 9" coil.
I am use to the headphones that cover the whole ear.
What's that module on one of those headphones i'm seeing from XP?

With my ORX, I prefer the back-phones, and I mainly use the 5X9.5 HF coil but do have the round 9" X-35 coil. With the Deus II, I'll continue to use back-phpnez and a 9" DD is all I will need (until they bring out a mid-size elliptical design for it).

Monte

Need some help with ordering a Deus2, guys. What is the best set up (Deus2) for a mostly inland old coin hunter? This French equipment is new to me. The wireless is also new to me, all my detectors are wired up. I do get to salt water a couple times a year also but no diving or waist deep salt water. I need help picking the headphones that are available with the Deus2 and any other options you'all thing I should order. I do have a dealer picked out, I'm good there. Thanks!

Hey Steve, in talking to my "local" dealer, there are only 2 versions currently available, others I suspect will follow. Both versions have the WS5 back phones, the Deus 2 controller and your choice is either the 9" FMF or 11" FMF coil. I have a Deus 1 with back phones, controller and both the x35 9" and 11" coils.

As for choosing between the two, tough call. I have a Deus 2 pre-ordered and i plan on picking up the other coil once available so I have both the 9" and 11". I spend time out in the western ghost towns and a smaller coil that is more nimble amongst the sage brush is key. I also want the larger coil for greater coverage and depth cruising old schools, parks, private yards and wide open beaches and sports fields.

if you are an inland deep coin hunter I think it would make sense to go with the larger coil. That said, it looks like the 9" coil is giving other detectors with larger coils a run for their money.

Good Luck

Rich

Thanks Rich, Thanks guys!
I put my order in. I ordered the 9" and the full headphones. .. . I can always get the 11" coil and or the back phones if I feel they are needed. I'm use to the full phones, they don't bother me in the summer and they keep my ears warm in colder whether. Gonna be weird not having wires to contend with . . .I'm spoiling myself that's for sure. Now for the wait.

Thanks Rich, Thanks guys!
I put my order in. I ordered the 9" and the full headphones. .. . I can always get the 11" coil and or the back phones if I feel they are needed. I'm use to the full phones, they don't bother me in the summer and they keep my ears warm in colder whether. Gonna be weird not having wires to contend with . . .I'm spoiling myself that's for sure. Now for the wait.
I have the Deus 1 been using it for a few years now i'm so spoiled by the wireless and how light it is. Now i just need to sell it and purchase the new one
especially since it's multi frequency. To me Multi frequency is the future of new detector's being made.