Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After 30 Yrs I'm in the Seated club

goldensilver

:bouncy: Hi All well I finale got in the Seated Club today Southwind AKA Terry and I went down to are city park and God thought it was time I guess he let me find this 1854O Seated Dime first and oldest coin for me and oldest coin found I think in are Park Terry found A Seated Dime few years ago 1881O Heres A Pic of the front and Back Looks like it got hit in the front by something I Nicked the back A little with my digger but that's OK I'm still Stoked and HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Thanks for looking

Grats on a very nice find John. Here is the pictures I got of it before cleaning. It looks to be in great shape for being in the gound so lone. Full Liberty.

1854-dime.jpg

Great find! 30 years huh? Hope I find one by my 30 year mark, got 7 more to go. Again congrats on the great find!

my third silver ever was a seated. ive found only 3. congrats and heres to many more

I think what makes this coin special is where it was found. It was found at the city park but the park was founded in 1883. The location it was found is right at the marking of the southern cutoff intersection of the Santa Fe Trail where it split, also know as the La Jornada (The Journey) because there was almost no water. This was the original route from Missouri to Santa Fe. Very good chance this coin was lost by a traveler on that trail. My only large cent, an 1855 was found not far from this coin. Generally these intersections/cutoffs were favored camping spots as well.

congrats on that nice find. ive been at it 32 years and still waiting, good job. hh

I must be lucky I found a1832 and a 1889 dime my 2nd year but guess what.In 5 years I've only 1 silver quarter and never a silver or a clad half.But I'm still having fun.HH

Congratulations!:clapping:

Thanks everyone and I hope you all find those coins some time soon that you've been looking for Have A Great Year HH

Congrats on your first seated!!!!