Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After 4 Years of detecting.....FINALLY!!

JMorgan

Finally found my first Enfield bullet. I've always wanted to find one as nothing seems to say Conderates were here than a good enfield bullet. c And for me anything Conderate is almost never so this is a big day for me. Found my first ringtail sharps bullets as well and the one in the middle is perfect. And a nice 3 ringer with a star base to boot. If anybody knows what the "O" might be please feel free and let me know. Thanks.

For some reason those ringtail sharps are a bullet that a lot of folks wanna dig. I got into a batch of them at DIV 12 and all I knew them to be were sharps bullets. I had dug like 5 or 6 of them and when we were kinda show n tell with our pouches for the day, some of the guys saw those ringtails and everything else in the pouch became un-noticed. It was then that I found out that some of those guys had been hunting camps like that for years and still not found one. I don't think they are rare to find, but are one of those that folks like to see.

And I was told they are Confederate, although both sides did have 'em. Which kinda goes with the other stuff I found in that spot. Got several drop gardiners, large caliber roundballs, a brass ramrod holder from a very early rifle. And another guy dug 4 VA buttons up the hill about 30-40 yards from me, and my buddy dug a Block A there as well.

Those are some great relics. I have found sharps in a spot as well all in one little area at one of my sites and then found some at another... They were found in camps they were CS then taken over by North near the end of the war. I found alot of relics from both but you are right about the sharps... there is usually not as many to find as the other bullet types. I think I have found alot more enfields then sharps actually! All the ones I found were in VA as well on private property.

well, hey j, congrats on your nice finds! your're right - the ringtail sharps in the center is nearly perfect. they're rare around the richmond, va. area too - i think i've dug 3 or 4 in 7 years. i believe there's more in that area your're hitting. hh!