Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After 5 years I finally found one!!

Jack Beam

Today, the wife and I went to a farm field where an old farm house used to be. Mid to late 1800"s I believe. We were there around 2 hours with not much to show. Then as we were about to give it up for the day, I got a good sounding 30-32! Dug down around 3 or 4 inches and out popped an 1892 IH penny! Seems like it never fails when your about to give it up something happens! Right after that, about 10 feet away I got a good but kinda soft sounding high tone. I looked at the screen and it was a 40 42! So I dug down and about at 5 or 6 inches popped this clod of dirt with a silvershine to it! I called my wife over and I gave it to her to see what it might be! She gently took some of the dirt off and revealed my FIRST seated dime!!:yikes: It's an1875 seated dime !! Thats been on my wish list for a long time. The other finds are from short hunts from the last couple weeks. The most interesting being the silver ring that has been engulfed by a root!! I didn't realize it until I tried to get it out and the ring broke! Oops! So I just left it in the root. There is a 1964 rosie along with 3 wheats. Oldest being 1926! Thanks for looking!! HH J.B.

Congrats. Very nice hunt. What coil were you using?

I was using the 10inch 7.5 DD. I just purchased this about a month or so ago and haven't taken it off! It's been very good to me so far!

Thats a bunch of great finds there!
Xterra deliver the goodies, for sure. Nice recovery.
Seems like a good hunting ground.

Mike

WOW, your first Seated Dime, Sweeeeet.

I bet you was on cloud 9 for a while.

Hey, you might not of broken that silver ring. I have found a lot of those thinner silver rings that were broke where they were solder together. I think the frost breaks them.

Mark in S.E. IA said:
WOW, your first Seated Dime, Sweeeeet.

I bet you was on cloud 9 for a while.

Hey, you might not of broken that silver ring. I have found a lot of those thinner silver rings that were broke where they were solder together. I think the frost breaks them.

I have had over 10 silver rings (thin ones)that broke when you unearth them.Just snapped. Might also have something to do with pressure..

Mike

Congrats on the nice recoveries. Especially on your first seated dime. I think the seated ladies are among the prettiest silver coins this Country ever minted. But I have to also say that the watch case is beautiful as well. Is it sterling? HH Randy

Thx for the comments everyone! Randy, I can't find any marks on that watch case, but I bet it is sterling. It was about 4 to 5 inches in the ground, so it's been there awhile!

Great detecting Jack! You found some really neat stuff.
And congratulations on that first seated dime too!

Nice hunt and congrats on the seated , I have two seated dimes to date and the first rand up a crisp clean 42 and the the second rand up a 36
maybe a difference in the ground don't know I dig everything in areas not loaded with trash that don't ring up any iron.
Different sites give different readings along with other variables.