Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

after a week with t2

jmann

One of the great things about our hobby is that there is a wounerful assortment of choices in the type of detector you can buy. I have been in the hobby for eight years and this is all i do besides family. I have owned and tried every top of the line detectors from all of the top companies except tesoro. I have also purchased and used many of the middle of the line detectors in a search for the"one" that best suited my hunting needs. For my money the t2 ltd is by far my favorite. I know alot of guys struggle with emi but the places i hunt are rual and when i do encounter emi i simply reduce the sens. You only loose a couple of inches in doing this and u will enjoy the days hunt in town without struggle and running your ears crazy. Theres many better built machines out there but u will not find a more sensitive detector in my openion. I have a mixture of hunting conditions from super mild ( 50) to really tough (8:geek: and this detector handles them well. The most impoetant part or ur detector is u. Learning to adjust as the conditions demand it will take time and sweat. Dont make a snap decision when buying and trying any detector on the market. We have some really good choices in whats avalable. After much $$$$$$$and lots of resurch i found for me that t2 is unmatched for my needs and i dont think u could find a better detector at any price point. For new guys to the hobby read read read the forums. Know that who u buy from is almost as important as the brand u buy. We have some of the best people you will ever meet here like richard at backwoods and tne fellers at bigboys. They can give great insight as to which detector best suits ur needs . T2 rocks and theres a 5 yr commitment they make to u the customer. Be ware of companies u see over and over with complaints in warranty turnaround and poor customer service. First texas takes its customers seriously. And the design guru behind this machine(dave j.) Is the best in the world. Thanks teknetics for a great machine! ?................as a foot note my secound fav over the years has been At Pro by garrett........jmann in Alabama:teknetics::csflag::teknetics:

I thought for a point of refrence i would list all the detectors ive tried over eight years.

At pro
t2
F75
F70
Omega 8000
Etrack
V3I
Dfx
Xlt
Mxt
Explorer se
Cz20
Radio shack 1000
Xp deus

thats saying alot when you like the t2se over the v3i and the xp deus, i really love mine also its been a gold ring killer only place it struggles is on some beaches that are loaded with black sand but everwhere else it rocks :teknetics:

Yeah, that IS saying alot after looking at your arsenal...good post!
Mud

T2 is one of my all time favorites too. Will it be for everyone .. NO ! ....... But if a person wants an overall, do it all detector... then the T2 is the machine.
.................. Like the man said above .............. A true value detector ,with true value results.

Yes jmann, First Texas has stepped up to the plate for service, and satisfaction..

Thanks elton that means alot coming from one of the guys thats been in this as long as u have. Im like u the t2 is not for everyone. If i had started out with it i most likely wouldnt have had the insight and patients i have now and would have wrapped it around a tree. But thankfully it came along after a long line of other machines that allowed me to build patients and experience and most of all educate myself on how a detector really works. I remember when my wife brought home the very first detector i had ever seen it was a prizm 2 by whites and i thought when it said 50 cents that what i expected to dig.haha seems funny lookin back on it. Thanks for all the great comments guys. You all probably dont reolize just how much help to others u r......jeremi

The T2 is on my list to try someday.
You have got to pick yourself up a compadre, it will compliment the T2 nicely :)

I havent tried any of the tesoro units yet. Mainly because im hard of hearing and they dont have the visual id.

ez4sure said:
thats saying alot when you like the t2se over the v3i and the xp deus, i really love mine also its been a gold ring killer only place it struggles is on some beaches that are loaded with black sand but everwhere else it rocks :teknetics:

I do like the T2, but when it comes down to it, I still prefer my V3i for balance and target ID. I might add that I think the T2 does go a bit deeper.

Id on t2 doesnt lock as well as v3i but the tone is very reliable. V3 i is a superb detector but its like swinging a buick. Far to heavy to swing over an hour or two. I sometimes hunt deep in the woods and t2 is perfect for that. V3i is beauiful machine and has a ton of great features i hope next version will be much lighter and a tad less in depth.

Howdy J,
I enjoy your posts and agree with you on a lot of the T2 observations you've made. For me, it was not a quick study to be able to take full advantage of it. I also found my prior experiences were a help with understanding it.

I have a couple techniques I like to share with it. One is to try a very narrow sweep when using it to ID. The other trick is to try quick-scanning a wide area by holding in the pinpoint switch to rapidly locate and zoom in on a target, then go back to regular hunting to ID it. Where targets are few and far between, you'll find one much quicker this way, as the coil detection pattern become huge in all directions and you simply head towards the tone or watch the depth indicator fall to lower numbers.

According to the manual, the T2's audio and visual IDs are derived somewhat differently, so to make best use of the T2, it's important to be able to hear it as well as read the display. You are missing out on a whole range of info with the many audio modes if you're severely hearing-impaired.

I don't use headphones myself, just my personal preference. Do headphones help you at all? That rear-firing speaker doesn't help much in a noisy environment, so I'm curious how you listen to the audio part.

-Ed

My hearing in one ear is 5x5 but the other ear is bad. I use headphones in town. Seems like i do best with my wireless ear buds. Good to hear from u and thanks for the tips.....jeremi:csflag::teknetics:

But if you give the T2 some time..You may change your mind to a degree.... I hated to see you had the T2 listed for sale.
I was looking forward to a detectorist with your level of overall experience weighing in on the T2......
For those of you who do not know, "Neil has made some spectacular finds over the years" with his outstanding knowledge, and understanding of Metal Detecting in general.

Elton said:
But if you give the T2 some time..You may change your mind to a degree.... I hated to see you had the T2 listed for sale.
I was looking forward to a detectorist with your level of overall experience weighing in on the T2......
For those of you who do not know, "Neil has made some spectacular finds over the years" with his outstanding knowledge, and understanding of Metal Detecting in general.

[attachment 240689 Like.jpg]

jmann said:
Id on t2 doesnt lock as well as v3i but the tone is very reliable. V3 i is a superb detector but its like swinging a buick. Far to heavy to swing over an hour or two. I sometimes hunt deep in the woods and t2 is perfect for that. V3i is beauiful machine and has a ton of great features i hope next version will be much lighter and a tad less in depth.

I have to disagree with you there Jmann. I was out earlier this week with the T2 and although it is quite a bit lighter, I found it to be more tiring. I wish it has a strap to stabilize it to relieve some of the torque. The V3i is nicely balanced and I can swing it tirelessly for hours.

I will need to wait until fall before trying the T2 on my "hot spots".

And Elton, although I have it listed for sale, I think I am going to hold on to it ...at least for a while. I like having a second detector available.

It gets better depth than many might perceive, but I think many expect TID accuracy at full depth. TID on the T2 is there, but isn't as reliable as many good detectors on the market.

I like 'simple' most of the time, and for 'cruising' applications I switched from my XLT to the VX3. I know, it doesn't have all the horsepower and adjustment features as the V3i, but like I said .... I like 'simple' and the VX3 is.performing much better than I had imagined. It is complimented in my personal arsenal by an MXT Pro, M6, Omega, and on occasion I even grab the G2 or Delta. I keep my 5" DD on the G2 for times I feel it fills the need.

Those models all tend to have a more consistent and more accurate TID/VDI response, especially on the mid-depth or deeper targets than the T2, but the T2 is an easy-to-use detector and, forgetting about visual display info, the T2 can get the depth, especially when I am hunting moderate ground mineralization sites.

Monte

And Elton, although I have it listed for sale, I think I am going to hold on to it ...at least for a while. I like having a second detector available

Neil I think you will be glad you held on to the T2 !!

[size=x-large]One thing more....did you catch the part about adjusting the metal arm rest inward for better arm support.. A slight bend inward on each wing and it grips your arm.[/size]

This is one awesome machine" And yes the arm adjustment feature makes it that just more user friendly!
HH
gobum62

Could someone who has used both the T2 and the Omega please explain what the difference between the two is as far as depth and ID capabilities.

pine3874 said:
Could someone who has used both the T2 and the Omega please explain what the difference between the two is as far as depth and ID capabilities.

Sorry but don't need an answer to my post. Found an excellent thread to answer my question.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,1255758,page=1