Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After many fruitless months of MDing....

homebre

Over a 3 day span I found my first Indian Head penny and my first wedding gold wedding band. The last 4 or 5 months have been fairly fruitless till now using wither my Tesoro Vaq or the 705 which is my main machine. The junk ring was found on a junior high football field about 3 inches down, and I could tell it was junk as it was all corroded. A few minutes later, right before I was going to all it a day after only finding $0.85 in clad in about 2 hours I got a signal I thought was another nickel, so I dug it. As soon as I saw the color I knew what it was. It is a 14K gold wedding band weighing just under 6g. The Indian Head (1885) was found near an old house at a local university. It was one or two inches down. The last 6 months have been really frustrating as I have found some new areas. I invited a friend to hunt with me at one and I found clad while he pulled up an 1823 large cent! I hunted another house from the early 1900's and found only clad. These two find were the best of the whole year for me.

Happy holidays,
Andy from Hillsborough

congrats on the finds, i'd love to find an indian head.
i've never found one but do have one gold wedding band. rather have the indian head!

n/t

Really great finds....congratulations!

Excellent! Congratulations!
I understand your frustration. We all go through dry spells, it's part of the game. That's why we call it "hunting", because nothing is certain.

mike slaw4all said:
congrats on the finds, i'd love to find an indian head.
i've never found one but do have one gold wedding band. rather have the indian head!

"Rather have the Indian head than the gold wedding band" are you a nut?

Sorry couldn't help myself:)