Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After seeing all the damage, if you can afford to help, try sending a donation to the Salvation Army or the Red Cross :thumbup:

have a guy on the ground or somebody that will assure me that my money goes to the people that really need it, the person that just lost everything :shrug:

n/t

n/t

We where in Fallon Nevada Naval Air Station,A friend of mine got a telegram from his home saying his mother didn't have long to live,If he wanted to see his mother alive he had better get home quick.Back then we didn't make much money and he didn't have the money for a bus ticket.He called Red Cross and told them his problem and they told him they would not help him.A few of us guys started going around the base picking up the little money we could and did get enough to send him home.From then on I never give to any organization.I give to people in our area that I know where my money is going to help.Now if I can find a church in the area I would send them money to help them.

Life is good

he and others put their money together and gave $10.00 to Red Cross and specifically asking that it go to this family....remember back then most people didn't have much money....and the father told them they rec $7.00 from the Red Cross and was thrilled, but my step-grandpa was angry and asked why the whole $10.00 wasn't given like it should have been, and the Red Cross said that $3.00 went for their expenses....never again would he, my dad or any of us give to the Red Cross and even the Salvation Army isn't good at times but is far better than Red Cross and I will donate once in awhile when I can as I have low income and can't afford to give a lot! Many organizations cheat and steal the good peoples' monies and use it for their own salaries and benefits...again, the love of money is the root of all evil! :thumbdown: :angel: Ma