Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After the lucky lady last week, only 4 coins this week..hehe

hotrod53

Thinking last week was the highlight of this year's detecting season already, today was another story! I knew of an old house that was recently torn down, I never walked the site, but for lack of a better place we took a shot. The place was a mess, bottles and junk everywhere, no easy digging. After a bit of frustration, Mapper65 suggested that we hit this odd elevated flat spot, his thought was that if kids from the house played anywhere it would be there. Within 15 minutes I got a solid 44 hit, dug a little and there it was, Benjamin #1 standing on its edge! I yelled to Mapper, you're not going to believe this! After finding my first silver half last weekend, I knew what it was even before I pulled it from the ground! A half hour later I circled back to that spot and there it was, another standing liberty half that was 12" from the first Benjamin, I can't believe I missed it the first time. 5 minutes later, Benjamin #2 and it was 12" from the first one! Mapper pulled a silver rosie out that was about 2' from my dig site too, we had quite the archaeological dig site going!

I did find another dime today, it was modern and it didn't make the picture. What a day .... I won't soon forget this trip!

WOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>.WOW.............I'm at a lose for words!!!!!!!..Wonder what else this month has instore for you?....CONGRATS

Bob.oz, we have already been joking about that, our thought is a drought .... :blowup: (I sure hope not)

n/t

Jack Beam said:
Super digs Hotrod! I'm surprised that mapper didn't have to call the squad after this!! WTG

I thought they might have to call the squad for me!!! I still catch myself laughing. It was just crazy to watch it happen.

He yells over "you're not going to believe this, I just found a Franklin half!" I ran over and took his picture with it and a few minutes later he said "I can't believe it, I just found another one!" I think at this point he rechecked the hole and the surrounding area and then continued on. He then came back a short time later and checked around some more and said "Another one! And this one is like last week's!" I think he was at a loss for the words Walking Liberty".

We really thought that he had stumbled onto someone's cache. We were picking up rocks and throwing them out of the way and moving downed tree limbs.

About 4' away I found a war nickel and a 57 rosey. What an unexpected hot spot!

It was a great day!!

I think he should change his handle to Fifty Cent!

:clapping: What a DAY!! Lucky you!

Now top that. :lol:

Great stuff :clapping:
I love those big silvers
congrats man :biggrin:

congrats!!! an awesome hunt for sure:clapping: